cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy using JLOAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make a system copy of JAVA only Server.

My version is NW04 and DB is oracle 9i

Now when i go through SAPINST, through standard installation software, there is no option for migration.

Guide also says the path :-

Java System --> oracle --> Central System --> Migration u2013 Database Export --> Migration u2013> Database Export

But it is not there. The Path I am getting is

Java System --> oracle --> Central System --> central system installation and dialog installation. But no Migration option

Is there a sepearte software which have this migration with Jload procedure options.

My sapinst version is 642

Kindly help

Regards,

Tajinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tajinder

If you see the page 28 and 29 of this guide,check the require DVD's with the one that you have

I guess it is an issue with the wrong Installation Master DVD

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tajinder,

You might be using wrong installation master, I just checked with 642 installation master - 51033746_13

I could see the path like -

SAPNetweaver '04 SR1 -> System Copy -> Java System -> Oracle -> Migration - Database Export

Which is exactly as it suppose to be.

Let me know if you have any questions..

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry got late in replied.

Yes with the new installation master, I am getting the option for that.

But I have another problem.

In the step of choosing JAVA Cryptographic tool kit, it is not letting me choose the weak encryption option. Strong encryption is selected by default and the selection is disabled. I want to use weak encryption.

What could be the problem here?

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because the full version of the cryptograohic library has been deployed in your system,you need export version of SAP cryptographic library to go for weak encryption

I guess you can change that by

In the portal, navigate to System Administration ® System Configuration ® UM Configuration ® Security Settings.

Click on Start Conversion.

This converts all existing user mapping data from weak to strong encryption and automatically changes the value of the UME property ume.usermapping.unsecure to FALSE

Refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/04/d246215f1d4f588d1d9c49391acb01/content.htm

or

other wise you will have to deploy the export version of SAP cryptographic library

Refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/cb71b8046e6e469bf3dd283104e65b/frameset.htm

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If i do

In the portal, navigate to System Administration ® System Configuration ® UM Configuration ® Security Settings.

Click on Start Conversion.

Then it will change the encryption of my source system from weak to strong encryption.

But I do not want to do that.

I am making system copy of my JAVA system. It has weak encryption and the property ume.usermapping.unsecure = TRUE

But when i am installing my TARGET syetem with SYSTEM COPY --> MIGRATION EXPORT option, then it asks for cryptographic options. But there i cannot select weak as the options for selections are disabled.

I want to use weak encryption for my TARGET system too.

I do not understand why the options are disabled.

Correct me if I am wrong

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you do this after making the system copy,after the copy is over just change the encryption from strong to weak

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will try to install with strong encryption and then change it to weak

It is asking for SAP JAVA LIBRARY ARCHIVE. Where can i get them?

I could not find anything like that on market place.

Can you please also help me in that too?

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/cb71b8046e6e469bf3dd283104e65b/frameset.htm

Download the required kit from marketplace as suggested above and continue

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tajinder,

You can use latest SAPINST software.

Options you have to select

Example:

For Export:

SAP Neweaver 2004s Support Release 2 -> Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks -> SYSTEM COPY -> Oracle -> Source system -> Based on Java -> Central systm.

For Import:

SAP Neweaver 2004s Support Release 2 -> Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks -> SYSTEM COPY -> Oracle -> Target system -> Based on Java -> Central systm.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also refer to the below link which inculdes Export/Import of NetWeaver 7.0 Java System copy and Post Activities, which may help you for your migration.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d060ee0c-3f4b-2b10-389d-9d5d443e...

Thanks,

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not NW 2004s or NW 07.

It is NW 2004.

For NW7, it is easy. But I am talking to NW 04 and JAVA alone server.

Any idea about that?

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rohit,

I already have this guide.

The problem is that I do not have any options for JAVA DB export or migration as told in the guide.

I have options only for installation of central system and dialog instace.

No option for DB export or migration

Regards,

Tajinder