cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The delta field no longer a selection criteria for InfoPackage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read from one of the messages here that saids "once a date field of your extract structure is defined as THE Delta field, it cannot be used for selections anymore...".

How would this work because I would have to run the InfoPackage with the date range sepcified from the "Data selection" tab to run the full load first. I would not want to pull all the data from the table.

I am not clear on this issue when using the FM to do generic extract. Would you someone clarify this? I would want to do a full load with a specified date range and then set up the delta accordingly after that. But when I enable the delta the date field is no longer available from RSO2 to select as the criteria for the InfoPackage.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi Crystal,

system will take care of first full upload, you can specify the safety interval as suggested in how to generic delta doc

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700007535452002E/HOWTOCREATEGENERICDELTA.PDF

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

My goodness, so that is all to it? So I should enter, for example, Safety Interval Upper limit = 20060410 (for April 4, 2006) and Safety Interval lower limit = 20050101 (for January 1, 2005) if I wanted to run a year of history data first to init and then choose update selections 'Initialize delta process' and 'Initialize without data transfer' to schedule the delta process after that? Am I correct?

Thank you so much

Answers (0)