cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relase Strategy with different Currency

former_member1283268
Participant
0 Kudos

My Organisation has 3 plants - Plant1 is having currency SGD , Plant2 is having currency SGD and Plant3 is having currency USD.

My release strategy is having characteristics - Plant, PR Value and Material Group.This same strategy is being used for all 3 plants.

Characteristics PR Value is created with currency SGD.Now when we are creating PR in Plant3 system is taking currency USD which is correct.

I have defined strategy with PR value as below -

> 0 and less than 3000 SGD - A

>3000 and less than 15000 SGD - B

Now when we are creating PR in Plant3 with value 2999 USD system is taking strategy as B as 2999 USD is greater than 3000 SGD and 15000 SGD, whereas we want the system to take strategy A becuase user is entering amount as 2999.

Is it possible to have this with same release group and release class.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member1283268
Participant
0 Kudos

Use currency as a characteristics in release strategy and for each straetgy mention currecy value for which system should value.

paul_shrewsbury2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a look at this thread as it may help with your issue.

[PR Strategies with Multiple Currencies|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=25640544&messageID=7465300]

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, we can create many ranges for the price,but how it will pick while creation of the PR or PO.

Because it will pick only the CO.Code currency unit.

By only exchange rate RS will determine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I doubt you will achive the the result with a char. in different currency as you can not have two different classes , so similarly a char can not have two different currencies. You can have higher range of the third after muliplying the usd with conversion factor as one more value range. My suggestion for you to have the char valuess in CoCd currency and during PR creation you can enter the PR valuation price in usd and the currency USD, you can achieve the same result as system will convert the usd into CoCd currency and try to match the new value range you have created.

Regards

adwait_bachuwar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think you have defined the characteristic with teh SGD as currency. so you need to define the same characteristic with USD as a currency. do assign the same characteristic to the release stratagy and your problem might be resolved.

regards

Adwait Bachuwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

User is feeeding the value 2999 but its in USD so it will not pickup RS "A".

So for this create one more RS.