cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backflush Semifinished product and stock post to quality inspection stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please advise is it possible for the below in SAP. How to do?

When backflush "Semifinished product", system automatically post to quality inspection stock. Then it is skip for 9 lots. The 11th lot again post to quality inspection stock.

1st backflush posting -> post to quality inspection stock

2nd until 10th backflush posting -> post to unrestricted stock (skip)

11th backflush posting -> post to quality inspection stock

Thanks.

Regards,

Wong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wong,

Why don't you think of activating 04 inspection lot for all semifinished materials, for lot origin 04 you may make use of DMR in the respective quality plan -> so that all semifinished material will follow the requirement you want instead of activating the inspection during issue you may control it during stock posting.

Will it help you?

Regards,

M.M

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wong

I think you can make use of Dynamic modification rule for the same. You can maintain one inspection stage and other one skip with a reset of 30 days

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wong

please make sure that you have activated inspection type 02 and active tick is been made in the inspection setup of the semifinished material which is blackflushed

please recheck and let me know

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Already activated the material in material master.

Sorry another question. How to do if we want the inspection carry out every 30 days for semifinished product?

Thank you.

Regards,

Wong

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wong

Please activate 02 inspection for the movement type 261. You can do this in

SPRO>QM> Quality Inspection>Inspection Lot Creation> Inspection for Goods Movements> Deactivate Quality inspection for goods movement > if QM not active tick is there remove it

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

"QM not active" for movement type 261 is not tick.

Thanks.

Regards,

Wong

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wong

You may activate 02 inspection for the same. You will get inspection lot when you do the blackflush. But only issue with this lot is that you will not be able to stock posting. This is the standard process.

Please check and revert back

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

I try maintain 02 inspection and do backflush, no inspection lot is created.

Any special setting I need to do? Can you please explain further detail the master data need to be maintained as well as the dynamic modification rule.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Mei Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wong

I think you want to exercise control on the stock issued for production which is supposed to backflushed on order confirmation.

I am suggesting alternative path instead of planning to create Insp Lot while backflushing. As explained by expert, it is not possible to exercise control on stock.

Therefore I assume that there are two storage locations 1) Prod SLOC (For Backflush) and 2) Stock SLOC.

As per production requirement material movement will happened from 2 to 1. Here you configure Insp Lot creation (Insp type 08) by assigning DMR it will be possible to SKIP lots as per confidence level

Please revert back with your comments

Thanks

Atul

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wong

I think you are in need to create inspection lot when you do (goods issue) blackflush ie 261 movement.

But in standard QM setting for goods issue you can create 02 inspection lot which is not stock specefic ie you cannot do stock posting in the inspection lot. you can do just the result recording and record the usade decision but no stock posting

. it is possible to do skipping of lots with the help of Dynamic modification rule as required by you

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Let me further explain what I want.

Production people produce semifinished product, but quality inspection people not inspect all the product. For example they will inspect 1st and 11th batch of product only.

So I propose when backflush the semifinished product, system post the stock to quality inspection stock. Then production people know this batch of product need to be inspected and pass to quality inspection people. Once quality inspection people complete the inspection, they will release the material (UD) to unrestricted stock.

I have no idea on how to configure and maybe it is not possible in SAP. Please advise.

Question: Is it we should manually create inspection lot for each transaction (eg. backflush or material movement)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Wong