cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development Components - how to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we prepare a new web dynpro application which will use some our portal services (repository services - KMC). It will be nice to make it from reusable components - one for service, one for web dynpro application, one for some helper "framework library" which must be developed as well and will be used from both sides - from WD and service.

As novice in developing DC's I'm in trouble: I found how to encapsulate my portal service into DC, how to encapsulate web dynpro into DC (the same with the java library) and how to create reference between them. But there is one problem - how to reference DC's which contain KM or RF classes? Where are those DC's?

I found, that root of available local DC's is in ECLIPSE_HOME\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap\comp. But there is no jar witch (e.g.) class com.sapportals.wcm.repository.IPropertyMap.

When trying to "build" my component, ant script is generated and classpath is prepared from all referenced DC's. Build will fail, because KM classes are missing.

We are not using DTR now, maybe - it can be the root of problems, don't know. Using EP7/NWDS 7 studio.

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

This <a href="https://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/nw_kmc/ide/index.html">link</a> may help you.

See this for using <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/6615ea90-0201-0010-be81-e7a300fdf212">KM functions in webdynpro.</a>

Regards,

Pooja.

Message was edited by: Pooja S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

thank you very much for your response. But - the problem lies in custom portal development component. When I want to use some custom portal service in my web dynpro, I should write into sharing reference "PORTAL:vendor.com/MyAmazingService". MyAmazing service is name of development domponent (PAR type) deployed on portal before.

No problem here - problem begins in developing this custom portal service as development component. When I want to build my portal service as DC, there is problem of used libraries. It's not the same as classpath in NWDS (it would be nice if it will be connected, but it isn't). The classpath for DC build is generated from "used DC's" and that's the problem - how to add KM or RF classes as "used DC"? Where can I found them?

I'm asking for correct design and component architecture - maybe my current attitude is wrong. Every example and tutorial works only with "create new project by this way..." "your first sample..." but some turorial for component architecture, making some reusable applications etc... I didn't found any.

This helped me a little bit, but I want more:

/people/chris.whealy/blog/2006/01/13/when-creating-a-java-web-dynpro-application-dont-use-the-project-type-quotweb-dynpro-projectquot

Thanks,

Martin