Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Installation Key - Skip and Modify Later

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need a suggestion.

We have done the solution manager installation, and waiting for the permanent installation key from SAP.

Normally with out installation key we dont handover the system to functional team for Implementation. But here due to timeline of implementation project, Project team wanted to have the system access immediately. What will be the impact incase if we release the system without licence key.

if we release the sytem to Implementation team, Can i modify the licence information later, once i got from SAP.

from my understanding the following will be the impact , please let us know if anything else there ??

1. creating system in tcode SMSY in solution manager, asks installation number as mandatory. Once you provide the installation number here and assigning the further details like soft.components and other details the installation number can not modfied later. right ?

So any other issue will be there incase of releasing the system without licence key number.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per my knowledge you are having 1 month time ok you can handover it to functional team and in between whenever you got Licence you can update.

there should n't be any issue ......

but in the mean time you have to communicate to SAP as you also need to some object access key,SCCR key and all.

hope it will help you.

Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

SMSY doesn't ask the installation number for remote systems as mandatory, you can create systems initially without installation number and then later the system definition can be modifed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash

there wpuld be no issues,as of now you would be having temprary license installed,so you can use the system without any issues

once you apply for permanent license,you can install that in you system and use it

and your doubt regarding SMSY is wrong,it can be modified later also

Rohit