cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapinst dropdowns are not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm doing a NW04 SR1 install on a Solaris 10 server to allow for migration of the current BW system onto a new server.

Current DB is Oracle9.2.0.4, but because this is not compatible with Solaris10, we will be upgrading to Oracle 10g first on the current system and then copying it over to the new system.

So I need to install Oracle 10g on my new server.

However, when I get to the 'Oracle -> Database System' screen of sapinst, the default is 920, and I cannot get the dropdown to show me anything else. If I try to overwrite it, it won't do it.

I also have a small problem where every time I enter something on a sapinst screen or select a menu option, it doesn't show up until I resize the window. I believe that this is an X-server problem, and although it is a bit of a pain, I can live with it. I just mention it in case the 2 issues are related.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the dropdowns or have any suggestion how to get around it?

I'm using JAVA version 1.4.2_18 on the server.

Regards....John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

it has turned out that the issue was due to the fact that I was using X-ming software on my desktop to allow me to run sapinst.

I have replaced it with X-Win 32 and the issue has gone away.

Sergo, thanks for your input. I am now using the later Installation Master you referred to and that does have 102 on the dropdown (but not for the Oracle client).

Regards....John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install 10g? check your ORACLE_HOME environment variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is NW04, so I am installing the CI first.

So no, Oracle has not been installed yet - that will happen when I do the DB instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John. Can you say the DVD you use ? you need use :

"6.40 based products Installation Master(Edition May 2008)" DVD (Material Number 51033746).

(or newer version if persist) ,

try to read Note 969519 - 6.20/6.40 Patch Collection Installation : Oracle/UNIX

Note 940794 - Releasing Oracle 10.2 versions for older SAP versions

Regards.