cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to read Cubes in Update rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts.....

I have a process in which I require to read several cubes to combine data to be able to load my target. Things to consider:

1) We don't want to duplicate data (we don't want to extract data into a series of ODSs) and then use them as source.

2) Couldn't find a function module to read the data from the cube, basically I have a selection but...

3) Don't want to read all dim and sid tables to be able to access the read into the fact table.

4) Believe that SAP probably has a standard function to read cubes .. does anyone know of any?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

There is a function module that you can investigate: RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu

Thanks for your answer. I have reviewed several function modules including the one you mentioned and all had error message. But was able to create an ABAP to do the required. Thanks again - I have rewarded points for your help.

regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can use Analysis Process Designer(APD) with Info cube as source and ODS as target in this type of complex analysis.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/bafc3f9ec4e669e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

And then create the report on target ODS.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Use this function Module, To download data from CUBE.

<b> RSDTM_ICD_DATA_DOWNLOAD</b>

I dont know your requirement, but why cant you create one more data target and load all required data from these cubes to new data provider(ODS/CUBE)...? performance and maitanence wise, it is good.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer. I have assigned points.

regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answers. I have assigned points.

regards

Chris