cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

English as WebDynpro Java Application language irrespective of Portal Lang

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to force english as the only language for WebDynpro Java Application ,irrespective of Portal logon language set for end users.

For eg: If person has portal logon language set as French ,how can he still run a SPECIFIC webdynpro Java application still in English from the portal.

Findings:

1)NW04 iview for webdynpro Java has a property which allows to select Logon Language as English and also work but the only problem with NW04 webdynpro Java iview is , it doesn't support Portal Personalization for an iview which I need for sure.

2)Where as NW04s iview using webdynpro Page builder does provides Portal Personalization but it has no such parameter to force logon language for an iview as avaialable with NW04.

3)Creating url iview and passing sap-locale=en is not accepted

4) Setting Sap-locale =en as an application parameter doesn't work together with Sap-authentication =true .

Can anyone suggest the right way of doing it..

And the solution for this shouldn't affect other webdynpro Java applications, ie it should be specifically for a particular WD Java Application.a

Thanks

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with below code to set the user language as English.

IWDClientUser wdClientUser = WDClientUser.getCurrentUser();

com.sap.security.api.IUser sapUser = wdClientUser.getSAPUser();

com.sapportals.portal.security.usermanagement.IUser ep5User = WPUMFactory.getUserFactory().getEP5User(sapUser);

locale = ep5User.getLocale();

/* End: To get the logged in user information*/

String language = "";

if(locale.getLanguage() != "en" )

{

ep5User.getLocale();setLanguage("en");

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply, prob with this is I am using floor plan manager and my application starts with call to fpm which in turn plugs in the VAC components of my application. I am not sure whether this will work by placing in Cc or one of the VAC of my application .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

asif_hirani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

were you able to find the solution for your problem ? we also have similar issue in Portal 7.3, we want to force english as language for one of the MSS iview which is Web Dynpro Java based , can it be done by an iview property or by passing any parameter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your WDJ application is accessing the backend system with JCO, you can force any language in the JCO configuration. You can have application specific JCO destinations.

In case you are not using JCO, you can force any language to be used for all WDJ applications. If you need one language for one application and another language for another application, your requirement can't be fullfilled. See paragraph 9 of SAP note 947081 for an explanation as to why that is. The first language set by the WDJ runtime will be shared by other WDJ applications. See also SAP note 1232473.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/947081

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1232473