Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Adding Personalization Variable(s) at Runtime

Is there a way in the PDK for .NET to add personalization variables at runtime? In JAVA you can use PCD_PERSONALIZATION_PRINCIPAL to add a personalization variable, but I have not seen a way to do this in the PDK for .NET yet.

I want to be able to add a new personlization variable on the fly as needed and have it stored in the PCD for that user.

Thanks.

Former Member
replied

Hi Shibli,

The personalization variable are stored in the PCD on deployment time of the par. So manipulating the portalapp.xml file (I guess you meant on the .NET side) will <b>not</b> solve the problem.

Anyway I suggest you try asking in the portal forum if this is possible but since you are developing with the PDK for .NET I don't see how this could be done in runtime.

I am pretty sure that doing this the way I suggested would save you time since it is easy to implement & you do know how to do this. Basically the values would still be stored in the PCD and this is the important thing.

If you need further help on this or you find out how to add variables in runtime, you are more then welcome to post the info here.

Regards,

Tsachi

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question