cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WED ABAP - ALV - Filter and Settings Position

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I have developed a Web Dynpro ALV and struggling with ALV configuration. How do I move the "Filter" and "Settings" (Standard Functions and hyperlinks) from the Roght hand side of the ALV control to the left side?

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Why do you want the buttons on the right hand side of the screen? Is it because your table is very wide and you have to scroll off screen to see the fields. If so consider setting the scrollable col_count (SET_SCROLLABLE_COL_COUNT) and the WIDTH and Fixed table layout (SET_FIXED_TABLE_LAYOUT).

Something like this maybe:

data l_table type ref to cl_salv_wd_config_table.
  l_table = l_salv_wd_table->get_model( ).
  l_table->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_width( '100%' ).
  l_table->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_scrollable_col_count( 8 ).
  l_table->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_fixed_table_layout( abap_true ).

This way you can make the ALV fit the screen and the user can scroll horizontally within the ALV to see additional columns. Your filter and settings buttons always remain within the viewable area of the browser window. You might need to play aorund with the correct number of scrollable columns for your particular data.

You can even lock certain columns to always remain visible while the user scrolls horizontally:

data l_column type ref to cl_salv_wd_column.
  l_column = l_table->if_salv_wd_column_settings~get_column( 'SO_ID' ).
  l_column->set_fixed_position(
    exporting
       value = cl_wd_abstr_table_column=>e_fixed_position-left ).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Check this:

DATA lt_std_functions       TYPE salv_wd_t_function_std_ref.
  DATA ls_std_functions       TYPE salv_wd_s_function_std_ref.
  DATA IR_CONFIG_TABLE	TYPE REF TO CL_SALV_WD_CONFIG_TABLE.

* Set standard functions alignment to left in order to need not scroll to the right in large tables
  lt_std_functions = ir_config_table->if_salv_wd_function_settings~get_functions_std( ).
  LOOP AT lt_std_functions INTO ls_std_functions WHERE id EQ 'SALV_WD_FILTER' OR id EQ 'SALV_WD_SETTINGS'.
    ls_std_functions-r_function->set_alignment( ).
  ENDLOOP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rohit, Please advice after the request is completed. Do you want me to close this question thread?

Best Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi please close this message and raise the request in first thread.

Can we have a POLL for UI element Enhancements proposal as in WDJ Forum

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I donot think right now there is any possibilty to put the settings and filter on left hand side. there is no configuration for it.

But it makes a sense to have this configuration. We will make a request for same.

Best regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Mahajan on May 4, 2009 11:37 AM