cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Container Object in Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to use a Container object inside a Java Mapping, just like the one wich is used in the Graphical Mapping.

Here is the scenario:

I have an Interface Mapping with three steps on it.

The first step is a Java Mapping just to put some info in the Container. The second step is a XSLT transformation that uses an XSLT file to transforms from IDOC to xCBL. The third step is another Java Mapping that get the info from the Container and insert in the xCBL.

Does any one knows how to do it inside the Java Mapping Code? We cannot make modifications in the XSLT file because of some internal restrictions.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you make the container variable is a part of your message (input of Java Mapping) then you can access as normal fields.

Just have a look at these discussions-

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy

Tks for your reply.

How exactly can i do that? Do i have to pass the Container object inside the InputStream? I didn't find in the threads how to do it inside the Interface Mapping object...

Regards

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Container Operation to Assign/Append the Container variable to Message. So that you can use this , container variable in the Mapping.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/59/e1283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any solution without involving BPM? We are trying to avoid using BPM for performance issues.

I thought it would be possible to configure everything that is necessary directly in the Interface Mapping object or the Java Code.

Please tell me if it's possible.

Tks

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your post is not talking about exact scnenario.

Anyway if you want to execute 3 types of Mapping , without any collection, then you can execute the same without BPM. So , you need to execute the Mapping one after the other. SO you will be having one Interface Mapping with multiple Mappings. Here output of one mapping is given to other. SO it will execute in order..

According to your first post, you are collecting Idocs right ? If so you can not avoid the BPM. You need to have BPM to collect the Idocs.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moorthy,

I'll try to use BPM in the scenario.

Regards,

Leonardo

Answers (0)