cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP adapter error: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

Need your help again here.

Currently, i am getting this specific error in my RWB logs.

The connection is from SAP XI going to Trading Partner via SOAP adapter.

The specific error is:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML.

I've already searched on what is causing the issue and it seems majority of the information is that, the error might be due to incorrect/wrong URL that was set in the configurations in the SAP XI communication channel.

Can you confirm this one?

DO you have any thoughts on this error?

Please help.

Thank you very much!

Fred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

The invalid content type error occurs when the WebService does not understand the message sent to it. It expects messages in TEXT/HTML but it must have got the message in application/HTML.

To solve this error, you can try adding the module localejb/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean in your receiver SOAP channel

Sometimes, the invalid content type error also occurs if the ICF service sap/xi/engine? is inactive. You can execute the report RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES which will activate all the ICF services.

Regards,

Sreehari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freddiesan,

First of all, test your URL acessing it from SAP PI server's local browser to check firewall and router settings.

If it works, check these blogs:

Regards,

Rogério

Edited by: Rogério Tambellini on Jul 3, 2009 12:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same error and we determined that the receiver could not handle the XML file wrapped in the SOAP envelope. Try checking the checkbox that says "Do not use SOAP envelope" in your communication channel.