cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java GUI - Wishlist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

is any place where users can send their wishes what is missing in Java GUI? I know that new version of GUI is prepared, I know what is missing from my point of view, but I do not know if it is possible to discuss with developers about it.

Thank you for an answer.

Pavel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

I'm just looking around for this Java gui so I can use it on Mac OSX.

I managed to get it working and all in all it looks way cool.

The 2 things I noticed that will hold me from working with it are:

1) SE80 when I enter a report name and hit enter nothing happens. So it is difficult to start a new report or swap to a different report.

2) When entering nto the code via a double click on the name it shortdumps. It might be a case of setup on our side but it is weird that it dumps.

Generally: Is there a good chance SAP will update this Java Gui to meet the regular gui posibilities?

Thanks!

Frans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frans,

you are talking about errors in Java GUI. You can open request @ OSS if you want to repair them. Usually new dotted revision of GUI is released without described errors. I am waiting now for such release

My thread is about something different: I use Java GUI on Linux. Some features are not available in Java GUI and it is documented. Well, it means that it is known problem and it can be solved by developers later. Sometimes I found workaround to missing feature or better solution of some behavior. I know that new version of Java GUI is prepared. I think that e.g. ABAP editor is nothing comfortable. So I use external editor (gvim with ABAP syntax, 2 columns of text, ...). It will be nice if GUI can be configurable to use external editor instead of embedded frontend editor. It will be nice to know any specification how to connect external editor to SAP e.g. to use pretty printer, double-click to move to another par tof source code, how to set external editor when you want to protect a part of source code (during modifications), etc. But I do not know how to say it to developers.

Regards,

Pavel

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

you are encouraged to post feedback or wishes regarding SAP GUI for Java in this forum.

The ones you described above are more related to customizing/setting up your ABAP workbench environment than particularly to SAP GUI for Java.

Posting them to [ABAP, General forum|; might be worth a try. Alternatively you can create a support message on component BC-DWB-TOO.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Frans,

could you please create a [support message|http://service.sap.com/message] on component BC-FES-JAV?

I have understood 1), but I am not able to reproduce 2).

In addition to describing in detail how to reproduce 2), it would be helpful to [activate tracing|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/683960] in SAP GUI for Java and attaching the tracefile resulting from reproducing the dump to the support message.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin