Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction code authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know, other than roles . Any facility is available in SAP to block only one transaction code up to some days to particular one user.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,thats not possible

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is possible only with the roles. You can specify the role validity for a particular user in SU01 at the Role tab. So make a new role with the required Tcodes

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Lokendra Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can block the transaction in entire SAP system. But hey this is not recommended by SAP.

Particular transaction can be blocked via SM01. Go to SM01 and search for the TCODE you want to block and click on the check mark. You can also manually edit the program for particular transaction and block the tcode.

Note: This will block the transaction in entire sap system

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a custom transaction you can do this, in the same way that you can do almost anything...

In SAP standard, I am only aware of some transactions which will lock themselves or restrict their functionality to only display while being used by another user. There are different ways of achieving this, the most common of which is to lock the table(s) via the enqueue / dequeue process.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

May i know if any user parameter setting to block this PA30 transaction code.

0 Kudos

You need to explain your requirement more specifically...

Being an HR transaction, there is a window for you to do this via structural authorizations which influence the additional object check at transaction start.

You can see these ( and influence them...) in transaction SE93. If you ST01 trace and use the "jump to source code" feature, then keep an eye out for function module AUTH_CHECK_TCODE (not AUTHORITY_CHECK_TCODE).

That might work, unless you are using variant transactions for "Enjoy" tcodes.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I tried to find that function module.But they are not using that particular module inside the program.

Kindly let me know that, it is possible by using SHD0- variant transaction .

To make one user by using triggering T.code PA30 by showing different PA30 screen. Note : same T.code pa30 no variant transaction t.codes.

If It is possible mean, please help me to sort out the issue.

Satya

0 Kudos

> I tried to find that function module.But they are not using that particular module inside the program.

You dont need to use the function module. It will find your attempt to start the tcode and check it.

> Kindly let me know that, it is possible by using SHD0- variant transaction .

Probably not. Some tcodes (particularly newer ones) have limited use for variant transactions. Stated more correctly: Limited use for variant transactions without being forced to have access to use the original transaction afterwards when you attempt to navigate further.

Variant transactions are not secure.

> To make one user by using triggering T.code PA30 by showing different PA30 screen. Note : same T.code pa30 no variant transaction t.codes.

An option would be to use a transaction variant (not to be mistaken for a variant transaction ). But this would influence all usage of the original transaction for all users.

You would need to create a variant transaction for the transaction variant for those users who are not subject to the restriction, and be sure that the original tcode is not used in BDC recordings...

> If It is possible mean, please help me to sort out the issue.

Hope that helps you further.

Cheers,

Julius

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible. You can revoke the role containing that TCode (or put a validity date in past) and replace with other roles containing the rest TCodes of that role.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

This is possible through tcode sm01 but not recomended by sap to lock a tcode for a user because if

u lock it using this tcode the affect could be globally to all the clients so we locked tcodes using pfcg

rather than using smo1

byeeeeeeeeeee

takecare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all