cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install QAS Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install Quality Server on Windows Server 2003, SQL 2005.

I am not able to get the installation guide for it. Can someone guide to the proper link ?

Thanks

K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

According to the installation guide just simply install the server and then after ADD it to in DOMAIN.

Config the STMS then you will define the type of system either it is Quality,Devlopment or Production.

ok

also you have to set Software Component and Name Space/Name range NOT MODIFIABLE through SE06.ok

and through SCC4 you have to maintain restrications.....

ok

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anuj for highlighting,

Some how i have typed a mistake.

Regards

Nick loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. I have already installed a new test server (this can be called QAS)

2. I have assiged same SID and Instance number to it.

3. I have assigned same SQL Data set files as required.

If i assign a different SID to this system, then i cannot restore the database easily but i have to do system copy from active QAS server to the test QAS server.

Now that the server is having same SID, i will do a database restore on the new test server and it should work.

Thanks,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

catch the logic that is

Same SID cann't be the part of your landscape.

ok then think what you want to do....

i will suggest you to do some paper work and also took the offline backup of QAS.

Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anuj,

Thanks for reply.

I was thinking of installing a seperate server with same SID and Instance and then try to restore the DB from QAS server. If the new QAS test server is working after this restore, then it is a good option to restore any server in case of complete disaster.

Now that you say, it cannot be part of the existing landscape, can you tell me how is the SID related to the landscape. If a different server with different hostname (with same SID and Instance no.) wants to act as QAS server with the existing landscape, what things would differ and stop it from working ?

I hope you can reply such doubts ?

Thanks,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

As per your requirement i will suggest below things.

1) Install new QAS server (Do not include the same into existing landscape, it should be individual)

2) Perform post installation steps mentioned above

3) Take full offline backup of your existing QAS server

4) Restore the same into new QAS server(which you have installed newly)

5) Remove old QAS from your landscape

6) Perform post installation steps (Including adding new QAS server into existing landscape)

Then you can use newly installed system as your QAS server.

Otherwise i will suggest to install new system with different SID(other than original QAS)

And perform backup restoration from existing system.

Add the same into existing landscape.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Install new QAS server (Do not include the same into existing landscape, it should be individual)

how come anyone include same SID into the landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

Good, installation get completed. The below has the steps to perform post installation of any server.

SE06>>>>>select standard installation>>>>perform post installation

STMS>>>>include new system into your existing domain controller

SCC4>>>>Change your client settings according to your system requirement

RZ10>>>>import profiles from active server

SE06>>>Modify the system change options based on your requirement

And according to your business requirement you need to create RFCs from SM59 and so on.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for reply and steps.

To say, i just want to install a test QAS server. Now when i perform these steps as you have mentioned, i will have to provide details as per our existing landscape and environment. Will it have any bad effects to our existing landscape ?

If not, can i have 2 QAS servers as such and then i can restore the DB of the existing QAS and test that too ?

Please guide. Thanks again.

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

SAP release the instlattion guide based on the specific

1. SAP release(application)

2. Operating System

3.Data base

This guide is normal for single system and H/A(CLUSTER CONFIGURATON) follow this guide.

https://www.servic.sap.com/instguides.

Thanks,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

Thanks to all for replies.

So, is there any documents for such post installation steps, like said above - transport routes / config STMS / set Software Component and Name Space/Name range NOT MODIFIABLE through SE06 / SCC4 you have to maintain restrications etc. etc...

I have done installation on a test server. How can i get such help about post installation steps for Quality, Development or Production server ?

Please guide.

Thanks again,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hope you got the answer.....

any thing you want to know.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

At the time of installation, system doesn't know that whether its PRO or QAS. Just follow the install guide for the same. Post installation you have to change client settings, transport routes etc according to your requirement.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/instguides

You can choose the tree from left side to navigate to the required guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I have followed the link earlier. But i could not find any specific document for Quality Server installation. Is it that there is a common installation guide that can be used to install Development, Quality servers ?

Please guide.

Thanks,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no specific guide for the quality system. They are the same. But you need to configure the transport routes etc for QAS after installation.