Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activities in A/c system>assigning accounts>assign balance sheet a/c

there is a button RULES here.

A/c are determined based on

if we click on debit/credit what will happen? what is the purpose of this click/

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

EGAC grouping is known as Employee Grouping for Account Detemination. This is utilised to assign different accounts for different group of Employees.

Eg Admin Staff to use Account 111111 for WT 1000 - Monthly Salary where as for Account staff it should go to Account 222222 for the same WT 1000. Since you can only assign a Symbolic to WT.

For account posting purposes you could post to different accounts by using the 3 available options Symbolic Account, Debit/Credit, and Employee Group using feature PPMOD.

Regards

Seher

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

look , if you check the checkbox Debit/Credit , this will force you to enter an account for debit and another one for credit , this is a need for some customers.

but if you are going to post the debit and credit account for the symbolic accounts then there is no need to use this option.

i hope this could help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here you can define further rules for posting to accounting

like debit credit Indicator determmines that different accounts can be determined for debit and credit postings during account determination for the chosen procedure.

Employee group indicater for posting for employee grouping for account determination is used to group employees together whose wage types are processed in the same way for posting. You have to activate PPMOD feature for this

Regards,

Kapil Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me about debit credit indicator. if i will not select this what will happen?

I know about emp group indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might end up with posting imbalance.. Always, the debit= credit for posting to work. Please talk to your finance consultant to help you on this regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that debit=credit is a must

Do i need to click this check box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally you assign to symbolic account / wage types that + will go to debit side and - ve will go to credit side.

In the symbolic account to GL assignmnet, if you are doing the account determination based on employee groupigs , where amount is + or - it goes to same GL account.

But if you select this debit / credit indication, you will get option to enter two GL accounts. One for debit and the other one for Credit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ...if i am not selecting it then i can use only one GL. Is this so???

former_member75029
Contributor
0 Kudos

Debit and Credit Indicates that different accounts can be determined for debit and credit postings during account determination. You can directly instruct system to Debit this account and credit this account.Hope you understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand. could you please elaborate?