Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine the appropriate IDOC to use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Quick question for you experienced developers:

If I know a table and the fields within the table that I will need to update, is there a way for me to find (any) associated IDOC that may be available to update the table and the field?

Thank you!

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

No such link is maintained. You can try to see if the data element of your table field is used in any IDoc segment and from there see which Idoc Type uses that segment. But this is not a guaranteed way to find that. If you know the tables, you probably know what object you are talking about or what standard SAP transaction that deals with those fields. May be from there you can try a search based on the description.

The best thing is always to simply post the question here with specific details.

Which table fields are you looking to update?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

No such link is maintained. You can try to see if the data element of your table field is used in any IDoc segment and from there see which Idoc Type uses that segment. But this is not a guaranteed way to find that. If you know the tables, you probably know what object you are talking about or what standard SAP transaction that deals with those fields. May be from there you can try a search based on the description.

The best thing is always to simply post the question here with specific details.

Which table fields are you looking to update?

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check the table <b>EDIMSGT</b>, here you can find the message type and description of the message type. based on message you can find the info.and take that messagetype and go to <b>EDIMSG</b> find the idoc type.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Pls check this link. It gives details about standard Idocs available in SAP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/19/3cf334c20ccc52e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message was edited by: Srinivas Adavi