cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module to update SC..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any function module which will use to update SC even SC gets 'approved' status.

say for example after SC status 'Approved' some how follow on documents not gets create, administor will receive the alret message and when message retrive by administrator he/she will resubmit SC then the new Data will updated to SC , i would like to know how it is changing SC data.

give me some hints,

regards,

john.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you, but i am not sure the answers which u were given , because my requirement is after SC gets 'approved' status, is there any possible way to update SC values again.

say for example 1st time SC category is 'A', once SC gets 'approved' status, i want to update the same SC category as 'B' . this is my requirement. is there any FM avaliable to update SC values.

if possible give me some hits,

regards,

john.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I don't really understand your requirement:

- who should modify the SC ?

- in which transaction / UI ?

Once approved, the SC will create follow-on doc immediatly, so you must not change it (in standard you can not change it), because changes won't be updated on follow-on doc !!!

During approval, WF authorizations allow you to modify the SC data (but SC status is "In approval" and not "Approved").

Another scenario allows you to change SC data: if sent to sourcing cockpit, the purchaser can change the SC, and especially the product category if the requestor made a mistake.

You also have a SC WF for purchaser completion.

Otherwise, use BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL / BBP_PD_SC_UPDATE / BBP_PD_SC_SAVE to update SC data.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi christophe,

thank you, take this as a scenario, once SC 'approved' status. follow-on doc will create immediatly, provider all details should match with R/3 right. say for example plant is 'A' in SC, when SC detail go to R/3 and try to create PO in back-end by that time system find plant 'A' is not found , so Administrator will receive an error message saying plant 'A' is not in R/3 right. now administrator change the SC plant as 'B' and resubmit the process right. when adminstrator change the plant as 'B' in SC , the change detail should be update again in the same SC even SC 'Approved' status right.

please correct me if i wrong.

regards,

john.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

This functionnality is part of the BBP_MON_SC transaction.

If the transfer to R/3 failed (eg. plant A does not exist in R/3), the SC can be changed by the adminstrator in this transaction.

Administrator will change plant in the SC from A to B.

He will then resubmit the SC to R/3.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, once Administrator change the plant 'A' to 'B' and resubmit ,

here is my requirement.

how SC plant 'A' get changed as plant 'B' in SC. to change this plant data in SC, is there any function module avaliable or how plant 'B' gets update in SC again. means when administrator click the resubmit button how plant 'A' changed as 'B' in SC.

regards,

john.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As Christophe pointed it, it should be BBP_PD_SC_UPDATE and BBP_PD_SC_SAVE .

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi yann,

no, we can't update SC data once SC gets 'APPROVED' status by help FM 'BBP_PD_SC_UPDATE' . there should be some other FM is using for this.

regards,

John.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

If the SC failed in transfer, the status should be : "Error in Transfer"(I1112 code) and not "approved" (code I1129 ).

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Yann,

in thise case, SC will have both status:

- "Approved" is a functional status, result of approval WF

- "Error in transfer" is a technical status, result of transfer process.

Sam,

BBP_PD_SC_UPDATE and all BBP_PD* functions are always used to update SRM documents.

All the logic is not inside those functions, but also in programs calling those functions. There are other functions called to simulate an action, possible or not depending on the status:

- approved SC can't be changed in "Check status" (so the transaction will only use BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL but not UPDATE

- approved but erroneous SC can be changed by the admin (not by the requestor), here you can enter in change mode, and BBP_PD_SC_UPDATE will be used.

Last point: if you are ordering product, there will be an R/3 check with the plant. So if this plant does not exist, an error would even prevent you from ordering the SC.

Rgds

Christophe

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe.

Thanks for the clarification. )

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi christophe,

thank you, i have a question, u mean FM BBP_PD_SC_UPDATE used for, administrator once change the SC data even 'APPROVED' status , but i try to change by manually nothing gets updated.

can you please clarify my doubt

regards,

john.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Which transaction are you using ?

What kind of user are you using (admin or requestor) ?

What is your SC status list (all statuses) ?

Which data are you modifying ?

Can you describe with more details what you are trying to do ? with the steps ?

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am using custom t.code which needs to update what are the SC has 'APPROVED' status.

say for example SC# 9999 which approved by all approver then i have to change sc data with custom field , the custom field will update with same SC# 9999 once 'Approved' status.

regards,

john.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

it looks a little bit dangerous to manipulate SC and change the data like that, without knowing the data model, the program logics and the business impacts !!!

Now, you can not tell you are not aware about it.

Anyhow, you can change the SC data with BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL/UPDATE/SAVE, but don't forget the COMMIT instruction to store updated data.

Those FM have some controls, so they may not let you change everything as you want ...

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Your needs are covered by SAP Application monitors:

When an approved SC fails to create follow-on document, a transfer error is raised in application monitor.

For this kind of error, there is a special logic: you can process this message in application monitor and re-submit the SC transfer from there (in fact the FM BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER is "linked" to the message).

So, alerts messages are there, the administrator just have to check them every day.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In addition to Christophe answer, you can also manage this in transaction Monitor Shopping Cart (BBP_MON_SC)

Kind regards,

Yann