cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Orientation Automatically Changes on Changing Page Width & Height

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem in Crystall Report 2008

If I change the Page Width & Height of report in Page Setup, page Orientation Automatically Changes according to the width of page.

Is there any way to avoid this or this is Bug in Crystall Report 2008 ?

Is there any way to avoid this serious problem ? Programatically in .Net or In Crystall Report 2008

Designer ?

Is this a know Bug ?

Solution Please..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'd want to see if you can do this in Crystal Report 2008 Designer first. If it can not be done there, runtime will be the same.

Transferring to Crystal Reports Design forum.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I try to create a label in Crystal 2008 it changes the orientation. If I put in a 3 x 1 it only allows for landscape and if you choose portrait it will change it to a 1x3. Letting Crystal switch the orientation is causing me problems with my prints. I realize that if it does it in designer then that is what is going to happen. But I am pretty sure that older versions did not do this, therefore I would like to know when this will be fixed. Currently I am having to create my 1x3 to 3x3 for it to work correctly and this is not an acceptable fix. Hope to hear back soon.

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think SP2 which should be out very soon is supposed to address this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This would be great, is there somewhere on the site where it says when very soon is and for sure that this will be fixed. The bosses above need more info if possible. Thanks for your reply.

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

SP2 is now available. See this thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

I now have SP2 installed, however I still have the problem mentioned in this post.

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue can be divided into two problems:

(1) CR automatically change the orientation according to the page size

(2) Print result is wrong when the orientation is automatically changed

For (1), this doesn't have an effect in the design of the report, in fact, if you try the same operation in Microsoft Word 2007, you can perceive the same behavior.

For (2), this is the really crucial problem. Itu2019s not fully fixed in SP2, this is currently planned to be addressed in SP3.

There may be a possibility that you can get your hands on a patch instead of waiting for SP3. Open a support case, if you don't have a maintenance contract you can purchase a single case of support from here:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

If support determines the issue is a product defect you can be refunded your case. Reference this escalation number in your case: ADAPT01244707

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem and I wonder if there is a workaround to this problem. My need is to print out a label 10cm wide and 5 cm High, but it needs to be printed in Portrait format otherwise the printing is the wrong way around. However, I cannot find a way to "convince" CR that I want these measurements but they should not be Landscape. Obviously the problem is because:

1. CR reports seems to have a bug in the fact that it changes the orientation automatically.

2. My Printer needs the layout to be in Portrait format. If the printer was able to print Landscape, it would be fine but it cannot do this.

So the issue is that I need a 10x5 label size that needs to be presented in Portrait format, otherwise it does not work.

Thanks for any help with this

Robert

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

The workaround would be that user to create a new paper size with height > width and print to the new size.

You can try creating 5cm wide and 10cm high paper size and print to this new paper size(you don't need to change the report size in CR).

But this workaround require the printer driver to support adding new paper size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the same problem in label printing. When is SP3 planned. Does Fix Pack 2 resolves this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did we get an answer on if SP3 has come out and if it fixes this problem?

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

SP3 should be mid-2010.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyway to get a patch before then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has SP3 come out and solved this problem? If not when is mid 2010? Thanks

Answers (0)