cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidated amount is double

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I set up a consolidation rule to calculate the shared results for equity entities and the minority interests net earnings for global entities. For some unfathomable, both end up with twice the amount they should be based on the percentage of consolidation and percentage of minority interests.

I configured the following

Consolidation rules:

Rule ID - Rule description - Rule type

RULE001 - Equity, Elimination of PL lines - Equity

RULE 002 - Result - ALL

Consolidation methods

Method code - Method type

30 - Equity

100 - Global

Consolidation rules formulas:

Rule ID - Entity Method - Intco method - ALL formula - Group formula - Minority formula

RULE001 - 30 - 99 - 1 - - -

RULE002 - 100 - 99 - PCON - - (1- POWN)

RULE002 - 30 - 99 - PCON - - -

Automatic adjustments

Adjustment ID - Source data type - Destination data src - Adjustment type - Adjustment level

001 - INPUT - MEE_QP - - Equity - 0

002 - INPUT - EC_EQU - - Generic - 0

Automatic adjustments details

Adjustment ID - Src account - Reverse sign - Dest ALL account - Dest grp account - Dest MI account - Dest equity account - Rule ID - Source Flow - Destination Flow

002 - NETINC - Y - - - - SHAREDRESULT - RULE002 - F_CLO - F_CLO

002 - NETINC - Y - - - NETINCMI - - RULE002 - F_CLO - F_CLO

Now, I have the following entities under C_GROUP

Entity1 - Equity - POWN: 30%, PCON 30%

Entity2 - Global - POWN: 80%, PCON 100%

The consolidation produces the following results:

For Entity1:

NETINC -> INPUT = 100

SHAREDRESULT -> EC_EQU = 60

For Entity 2:

NETINC ->INPUT = 200

NETINCMI->EC_EQU = 80

I don't get why the results are double as much as expected. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Regis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the table 'Automatic adjustments details'. There is a check box for force closing. If you are writing to F_CLO and telling it to forces closing, it could double the amount in the F_CLO accdetail member

Tim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both Tim,

Both suggestions helped me a great deal. As a matter of fact, it was caused by the "Force closing" option. I had checked it inadvertently. However, I'd be interested to know what is its purpose.

Thanks,

Regis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regis,

The reason for the force closing is to save time when you treat account flows differently for a particular account in the consolidaion.

So for one account (REVAL_RESERVE for eg) you might have 4 lines in the ADJ_Detail table for each of the following flows: F_OPE, F_ADD,_F_DIS, F_RES. You'll still need the spilt (Dest flows: F_OPE, F_ADD, F_DIS, F_RES) in the end result for Statement of Equity report, but you'll also need the consol to change the F_CLO value (for std reports). So instead of having to create 4 more rows with F_CLO as destination flows, you can just check the 'Force_Closing' checkbox and it will create an entry for F_CLO as dest. flow for each adj_detail row checked.

This is assuming the flows heirarchy looks like the following:

F_CLO

F_TOTALFLOW

-

>F_OPE (Parent: F_TOTALFLOW)

-

>F_ADD (Parent: F_TOTALFLOW)

-

>F_DIS (Parent: F_TOTALFLOW)

-

>F_RES (Parent: F_TOTALFLOW)

Let me know if thats not clear.

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim, that makes sense.

Regis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regis...

Couple of suggestions..

1) check the actual values in the cube for SHAREDRESULT and NETINCMI to rule out any excel formulas acting on the values.

2)Chek your Hierarchies...try removing any secondary Heirarchies...and see the result....

now add them back on one by one to see which one is causing the doubling up.

3)Check your Transformation/Conv Rules...if any of them is causing the issue...and also check if any of them is being run more than once.

Hope this helps

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal and sorry for the late reply,

I looked at your suggestion but none solved this issue. First I don't have any secondary hierarchy in the ENTITY dimension.

Second, data in the cube is the same as in the relational database.

All data is captured through input schedule or data collector (offline distribution wizard, collection).

Thanks,

Regis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible you have two rules that are both being acted upon?

Try adjusting various parameters (the PCON, etc) one by one, to see how they impact the result.

To see exactly what records the consol engine is generating, run a lite optimize on the application first, then run the consolidation, then select * from tblFactWBYourApp. If you see anything that doesn't make sense, that may help to isolate the problem.

For example, if you expect a value of 40, but in Excel you see 80 -- the factWB table will tell you whether the logic engine is producing two records of 40 each, or one record of 80.