cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM iViews in EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm unable to create MDM iViews in Portal, though the MDM system creation and connection tests are successful!

In the iview creation process, as soon i select the template as MDM ResultSet/Item Details/Search Details (whatever MDM related template for that matter) I get a Portal runtime error in the next screen.

Following are the log file results....

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentInstantiationException: Could not instantiate implementation class com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.ItemDetails of Portal Component com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.ItemDetails because: Could not instantiate implementation class 
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItemFacade.getInstanceInternal(PortalComponentItemFacade.java:269)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItemFacade.getComponentInstance(PortalComponentItemFacade.java:160)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItem.getComponentInstance(PortalComponentItem.java:732)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentContext.getComponent(PortalComponentContext.java:103)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentContext.init(PortalComponentContext.java:242)
	... 51 more
Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationNotFoundException: Could not find portal application com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.prepare(PortalApplicationItem.java:413)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.prepare(PortalApplicationItem.java:385)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem._refresh(PortalApplicationItem.java:505)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.getCoreLoader(PortalApplicationItem.java:1334)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItem.getClassLoader(PortalComponentItem.java:569)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItemFacade.getClassLoader(PortalComponentItemFacade.java:102)
	at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItemFacade.getInstanceInternal(PortalComponentItemFacade.java:228)
	... 55 more

This application com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl isn't found in the application console. My question is, am i getting this error because of the absence of KMC?

I knew that to use workflows on MDM iviews UWL was needed, but is it just required just to see MDM iViews? Could someone confirm this please?

Thanks

Swarna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Seems to be some issue with MDM Business Package, may be the BP is corrupted.

Coming to your questions:

This application com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl isn't found in the application console. My question is, am i getting this error because of the absence of KMC?

No, it should work fine without KMC

I knew that to use workflows on MDM iviews UWL was needed, but is it just required just to see MDM iViews? Could someone confirm this please?

You can configure UWL for MDM workflows in Portal, but even without UWL you can create Iview/Pages based on MDM BP. e.g you can create a Page with a search Criteria, Result Set and item Details without configuring UWL.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat

I had that doubt before, as the package wasnt getting deployed....so it was downloaded again and deployed, but still the error persists!

Moreover if the package is corrupted, the system connection test wont pass, would it? :-S

I checked the size of the BPs in service market place vs. the one in my PC, they are the same!!

Can you please tell me if there is any other way to check if the BP is corrupted?

Moreover in the Portal Business Package guide, there is a point mentioned in the configuration steps---

Choose System Administration uDBC0uDC6F Support uDBC0uDC6F Portal Runtime uDBC0uDC6F Application Console
and refresh the services of application com.sap.mdm.uwl.

I wasnt able to perform the above step, because the application com.sap.mdm.uwl was stopped. I believe the reason to be, the absence of com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl! what is your take on this?

Thanks

Swarna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Restart of Portal server should solve your problem. Package com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl would be useful only if you work with integration of MDM workflows and UWL.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

Thanks for your advice, i restarted the server. But still i'm getting a portal runtime error.

I noticed something after the restart, I was able to see a couple of additional applications like

--com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews

--com.sap.pct.mdm.tech.systems

--com.sap.pct.mdm.tech.wizards

which weren't visible earlier in the System Admin>Support>portal runtime-->Application Console list

Except for com.sap.pct.mdm.tech.systems, other applications are in stopped state!

Is it because these applications are stopped, my iviews aren't getting created?

Is there any other way to start them?

Thanks

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

You can start the applications using Visual Administrator but i dont think this is required unless and untill you have stopped them manually. Just confirm that you have deployed the SCA files of same installable package with that of MDM Server. Also you have deployed new files by first performing the undeployment of previous SCAs present on the portal server.

Try with other custom repository.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

The error got resolved after i installed KMC. So looks like even for creating MDM Iviews UWL is a prerequisite.

Thanks. I'm closing the thread.

Regards

Swarna