cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Items from Delivery?? (Handling Unit)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDNs,

I am shifting this issue from SD Forum to LE Forum...

I have a scenario of HU (Handling Unit).

Now here I have a case where the complete cycle is done. But end user now wants to change/delet the item in Delivery. So I have guided them to reverse all documents and it is done.

Now delivery is in Editable Mode. Now here when I try to Delete Delivery Line Item.. It is giving Error like "Item has already been packed and therefore cannot be deleted"

Diagnosis says "It is not possible to delete packed items."

Procedure says "Unpack the item from the shipping unit before you delete it."

Now when I select Line Item and click the PACK Button to go to the screen for "Processing of Handling Units for outbound Delivery XXXXXXX", it goes to the screen but here there is not Existing HUs available to Delete/Empty... whole screen is Blank.. even no Material to be packed...

I think user have proceeded the cycle without HU assignment.

So now I want to Delete the Line Items and want to insert fresh Items again...

Any inputs???

EDITION:

One Observation:

in packing screen there is no HU and no Material to be packed... I could not understand this also..!!

Thanks & Regards,

HP

Edited by: Hardik Patel on May 2, 2009 1:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<B><U>One scenario:</B></U>

>Have you tried all of the different tabs in the HU section?

>

>The first tab lists handling Units on top and un-packed materials on the bottom

>

>If you have packed the handling unit into another handling unit, then it will only be available on the "Pack HUs" tab (second tab).

>

>Look at the Content tab - which should show everything.

>

>Once you find the handling unit, you will need to unpack the material )delivery item) from the handling unit

<B><U>Second scenario:</B></U>

>If you are working with consignment stock, then it is possible that the handling unit and its contents are no longer associated with that delivery. This occurs at the time goods issue was posted for the delivery.

>

>Reccommend doing the following to verify

>1. Look in table VEPO (HU Item) for the delivery line item - This should give you the HU number.

>2. Then, Check table VEKP (HU Header) to find the object key (VPOBJKEY) and Object type (VPOBJ). If it is still assigned to the delivery, VBOBJKEY will = the delivery number and VPOBJ = 01 or 03.

>If it is not assigned, then VPOBJ = 12 (Unassigned).

>

>If this is the case, then you will need to reassign the handling unit to the delivery as follows:

>1. Get the HU number and external ID (EXIDV) from table VEKP

>2. Open delivery in change and navigate to the packing screens

>3 Enter the EXIDV value or use the drop down to search for it.

>5. Hit the Enter key on your keyboard and save.

>6. Check the tables again and see if VPOBJKEY = the delivery again.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have tried all the Tabs in the packing screen... all blank..

Its not a consignment scenario..

As u said I checked Tables and entries are there in tables...

I have tried T-Code HU02 and HUMO etc..

I observed some of the things..

- There is no Handling Unit (HU) in the packing screen

- But in Document flow I could see all the Handling Units

So I tried in HU02 and here I am able to Empty the HU.

But before Emptying HU I checked HU Related Tables - VEKP and VEPO

In VEKP the Object Key(VPOBJKEY) is blank and Object type (VPOBJ) is 12 - Non Assigned HU.

But in T-Code HUMO - History Tab it is showing Delivery Number.

Now if VPOBJ = 12, it means HU is not assigned. And in that case it should allow us to change/delete delivery but I am not able to Delete the Delivery Item. It gives an error which is mentioned in Thread.

And even we dont need to assign any HU to the delivery b'coz we want to change all the Line Items at all.. so need to go for the fresh assignment..

How to go ahead???

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I understand, it seems that the HUs got stuck in the document flow.

You could create a dummy-HU for the delivery (just create a new HU in the pack screen of the delivery), save the delivery and then delete the dummy-HU from the delivery and save it again. With this the document flow should be updated for the delivery.

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in your case, SAP DID update the tables correctly. There are times, (consignment is only one of them - HU mnaged storage locations is another - there may be more) where a HU that was once assigned to a delivery, packed, and then unassigned from that delivery. This is what happened in your scenario. And this is why it appears in the document flow.

In the above scenario, the VPOBJKEY = Delivery until you posted goods issue for the delivery, then SAP cahnged the VPOBJKEY to blank and marked it unassigned (VPOBJ = 12). However, the content of the handling unit (Table VEPO) still lists the delivery (VBELN) line item (VBPOS) as packed into that Handling unit - Which is what your document flow represents. Remember, document flow shows line item data, not header.

How to correct:

While it may seem conter-intuitive to add the HU back to the delivery just so you can delete it - that is exactly what needs to happen. To delete a Delivery item, you must first reverse all possible steps in the document flow (Goods Issue, Shipments, Handing Units, etc.)

1. Add the same HU back to the delivery (Enter the HU number in the Packing screen and hit enter

2. If the HU appears. Save the document before proceeding - This will give you a chance top verify the data in the tables. VPOBJKEY should now = your delivery & VPOBJ = 01 or 03 (Inbound or Outbound delivery)

If everything looks good, proceed...

3. Un pack your line item from the HU - This must be done within the delivery, not from the HU while it is unnassigned - becauuse you want the delivery item quantity to appear as unpacked quantity in the delivery.

4a. If you are going to delete the entire delivery, you will need to delete the handling unit, or unnassign it from the delivery (in case there are other items in it that you wish to keep)

4b. If you are only deleting the line item, but not the delivery, then deleting the HU is not necessary - only unpacking it.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you check table VEKP if there are entries with VPOBJKEY = delivery number and what the VPOBJ and STATUS are for them? If you find an HU for that delivery, you could find more information about that HU in transaction humo (with EXIDV) what has happened with that HU. It seems that it is still assigned to the delivery (maybe table entries were not updated correctly).

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ely,

As u said there are entries in Tables.

VEKP-VPOBJKEY = Blank

VEKP-VPOBJ = 12 - Non Assigned HU

VEKP-STATUS = Blank

It says No HU is assigned to Delivery but in Document Flow of Delivery, I could see all HUs which are not at all in Packing screen.

Here as per I understand table entries were not updated correctly.. if so, how to resolve???

Thanks in Advance.

Warm Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Goto packing screen in delivery and Unassign the HU. There will be an "unassignment" button available.

2)Result of step 1 will be material will be unpacked.So packed quantity will be zero.

3) come back to the initial screen of delivery and goto Edit->Copy pack quantity as delivery quantity.

4) Result will be delivery quantity becomes zero.

5)So user can create a new delivery now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hardik,

It is a pretty weird scenario.I would not know more until I play with the system, but somewhere I feel the packing has been done in the shipment:-1

1. Multiple delivery line items into one HU in a shipment

2. Multiple deliveries from a shipment packed into a different shipment.

Please check this and also it would be great if you could reply back.

Why am I guessing it to be shipment level, because:-

1. The goods reversal was successfull so technically speaking the delivery is just packed and should display the quantity

2. The goods reversal would have failed if the delivery was also received.

Regards

Kiran V Yarlagadda

313-520-6969