cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Group in Document creation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While creating a document , in the document data i am i am finding Authorization group Filed, wherein i am not able to view any search fields in the authorization group, how to define the search fileds in the authorization group, kinldy do the needful.

Regards

abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know ur Email ID, I can send you step by step procedure

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Robo robo,

if possible please create a new page in the DMS WIKI area under

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/plm/documentManagement%2528CA-DMS%2529

which explains the step-by-step description. So the whole DMS community can read it and you can request additional points for your page.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

maybe the information in the following link could help to realise the desired search function for field 'Authorization Group':

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/plm/f4forAuthorization+group

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Authorization group in Digital signature and Authorization group in Basic data screen of create / change document is different.

I assume u r refering to the basic data screen type.. This works as an on / off switch. This can be utilized to limit the DIR's of same Document Types within a group of users who have access to the Authorization Group code.

For example, a group of users have access to Doc type DRW, but certain DIR;s u do not want to give access to all users. Then u type in a four character code while creating the DIR and for the PFCG Role of the users whom you want to access the DIR, the Authorization code has to be added in their PFCG Role.

Then the DIR's with Auth Code would not be accessable to all users having access to DRW Doc type, but only for those having access to the Auth. Code

Hope this is clear..

Regards

Aby

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav

Authorization groups are valid in all areas where the digital signature is used. Before you change existing authorization groups or use them for your own purposes, please check that this does not cause any problems or conflicts of interest with other areas.

Activities

1. Decide which user groups or which task areas you have to distinguish between in your company.

2. Define an authorization group for each user group.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Search fields(F4 search) are not available to Authorization group field as Standard SAP feature. If you still need to have search values, you will have to go for a development which will require access key.

Regards,

Milind Dumbre