cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW: Troubles Importing Employees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to import Employees from an txt file with DTW and I´having some problems with fields such as Gender or Marital Status. When i Finished importing, the systems give an error Message " ' is not vaid value for 'sex'. The valid values are 'F'.Female or 'M'-Male'". I write those values on my template, but I still have the same problem.

I will apreciate some help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error you are getting is because the value you specified for the field is invalid. Although it says the valid values, you need to enter the enumeration value (for your case is the BoMeritalStatuses or BoGenderTypes enumerations).

We used to have this problem a lot, so we develop an application that now is free for SDN members. You can read the blog and get the app here:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/03/30/data-transfer-workbench-and-data-migration-vini-vidi-vinci-with-the-sdk-object-browser

Hope it helps,

-M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot use the application to obtain the enumeration values for those objects. Does anybody knows what are those values for Sex and Marital Status?

I will appreciate any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

for gender use gt_Female, gt_Male or gt_Undefined

and for marital status use :

mts_Single, mts_Married, mts_Divorced or mts_Widowed.

Respect the caps and small caps it will work like a charm !!!

HTH

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That`s works. Thanks a lot.

Now, I have the same problem with Employee Cost Unit and Salary Cost Unit.

I will appreciate some help, and I wonder whether there is any documentation to obtain those values...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

Glad that it helped you !

for Employee cost unit try scu_Hour, scu_Day, scu_Week, scu_Month, scu_Year

And for Salary Cost Unit use the same values.

You can find all this if you install sdk from the cd or the last update you installed. Once installed open SDK HELP Center / DI API / DI API REFERENCE / OBJECTS

You will then find all the import tables and the values need for each fields.

HTH

Alain

Answers (0)