cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to revert the migration of the repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We created objects(DF,BE,BV) in our repository 1 and migrated them to repository 2 through import wizard. We made some changes to the same objects in the Repository 2 and migrated them back to Repository 1.

Our Observation:

1. All the new objects created in Repository 2 are working fine in Repository 1.

2. And the objects which are modified in Repository 2 (ex: DF) are throwing an error "IDispatch error #28176" when we open the DF. It is already 1 month from the time migration is done.

Please advise how to get over this error. Is there any possibility to revert the migration to the earlier stage?

Our Requirement:

1. We want the Repository 1 to have the earlier snap shot/instance which we had before the migration done from Repository 2 to Repository 1.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any backup BIAR file of repo 1 before migrated from repo 2. IF so you can restore the old objects of repo 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately we do not have a back up file for it. By the way, how to do the back up for the DF, BE and BVs ? Is it by importing/exporting to XML? Please suggest if there is any other way to revert the migration done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I have similar issue.

I tried to change the Command object SQL in Data Foundation of business View Manager. It would allow me to change the SQL as long as there is no parameter. When I tried to add a date parameter to the command object, it would inform me that I have a duplicate object in the same folder. When I remove the parameter, it works fine. I do not have a duplicate object in the same folder.

Just for testing I saved the command object without the parameter. I closed the Business View manager and opened it again. Now when I try to view the DF, I receive

IDispatch error #28176

Please let me know why I am receiving the error.