cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Crashes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a new user to Crystal Reports. I installed the software on my workstation earler this week. I am using it to modify some reports that are included in an application we are going to be using to generate Bills of Materials. I have written a very simple formula that evaluates a string. When I try to insert the formula in my report, I get an error that says "crw32.exe has encountered an error..." When I close that error prompt Crystal Reports crashes, and takes me back to the Windows Desktop.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution. I switched the dual monitor back to single and solved the same problem. Also noticed that Crystal works fine if you use it on your primary monitor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lewis

Are you using a dual monitor? Just to let you know, Crystal Reports will not work and is not supported on computers set up with dual monitors.

Do you have Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET (CR for VS .NET) and Crystal Reports installed on the same computer?

Regards

Girish Bhosale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting. I'll experiment with it. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All versions from CR8.5 forward (except XI, skipped it) have worked just fine on my dual monitor system.