cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP/DS generated process orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

When I try to convert planned orders of a product at a location I am getting an error in ECC 'Order Type PP01 requires a routing'. Planned orders of this product-location was supposed to create Process orders of type PI01 (which other material do). Not sure why? What is missing?

Pl. help.

Thanks

Narayanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to maintain customizing setting of order type in production scheduler profile for production scheduler mentioned in the work scheduling view of material master.

Regards,

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nittin:

Thanks for your reply. I may have not explained the issue well in the first place. I expect the planned order to be converted to a process order of order type PI01. But what happens is APO is triggering a PP01 type order. But I could manually force a PI01 type order for the same planned order in ECC. What master data setup in APO is triggering it to initiate a PP01 type order in ECC?

Pl. let me know.

Thanks

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayan,

as far as i understand your issue, you may try the following steps:

1) Firstly go to Material Master (MM03) in R3, then in that go to Work scheduling tab, in that under the General Data Section, go to Prod.Sched Profile option and enter the desired profile you want(say like PI01).

2) Now delete the old Planned Orders from APO, and also Teco the Old Process Orders (if possible). Take a single item planning run on the Product_Location.

The newly generated Planned Orders will now be with the new profile (PI01).

You may now convert the same to Process Orders. All your Planned Orders will generate with this order type hereafter.

This will surely work..Please let me know your inputs on the same.

Regards,

Prasad.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the PPM of the product for which the planned order has been created. The PPM should have both BOM and routing. As per the error message, routing is missing in the PPM