cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regeneration of Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a proxy that goes to my R/3 system. When using T-Code Sproxy i can see my inbound message interface and my proxy that i had developed. Well recently i made a change to the XSD structure for this message interface and now i can't seem to get the change to show in SPROXY. When i view the structure tab it is still the same as the old message interface. I tried doing a change/ regenerate and i get a Proxy generation internal error: OBject blah blah blah MI_XXXXXXX not found. The message interface does exist and it is the exact same name. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kind of a new scenario here. I have a proxy setup already in my r/3 system. now i have changed the structure a little bit and for testing purposes i have created a new Message Interface so I can keep my new development separate from what already works. So my question is can I use the same BAPI again for this new interface? Copying and pasting the existing code in the new proxy doesn't seem to work so well.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Kind of a new scenario here. I have a proxy setup already in my r/3 system. now i have changed the structure a little bit and for testing purposes i have created a new Message Interface so I can keep my new development separate from what already works. So my question is can I use the same BAPI again for this new interface? Copying and pasting the existing code in the new proxy doesn't seem to work so well.

Whenever you create a new message interface, the underlying structure etc are named different when you generate a proxy for it.

i.e even if you are using the same Message type in two interfaces A and B, the proxy generated for these will have structures with different name in SAP. So copy paste of the codes will not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since your message interface is different here, you may have to change the code also as per structure of new message interface.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the XSD which you are reffering is an external definition...then it could create a problem....same problem discussed in the below thread...here also the problem occured when a proxy was created on a MI based on external definition instead of a DT--->MT -->MI..

If you have created a DT --> MT --> MI --> Proxy and still face the problem then make sure that the MI is presently not under any changes and all the changes have been activated....

just got a piece of info.....you need to have DT created for a message structure in IR to build a proxy....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 2, 2009 1:01 AM

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 2, 2009 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure this is going to solve your problem. But you can try to do the steps as below:

1. Save your code in proxy and delete the proxy

2. Recreate the proxy again and put the implemetation code back.