Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OO ALV - How to highlight cell after value change

che_eky
Active Contributor

Hi All,

I have an OO ALV with an input enable column and would like to highlight a cell in a different color when the user changes it's value.

I am using pr_data_changed->get_cell_value to check the cells value has changed and pr_data_changed->modify_cell to update the cell with the new value.

The output table has a field called CELLCOLOR of type LVC_T_SCOL which I am using to highlight the cell in red:

lw_cellcolor-fname = 'THISFIELD' .

lw_cellcolor-color-col = '7'.

The ALV layout is also correclty set using: layout-ctab_fname = 'CELLCOLOR'

All the above is working fine and the changed cell is highlighted HOWEVER it only works if I call METHOD g_grid->refresh_table_display

Is there anyway to highlight the cell without calling method refresh_table_display??????

I do not like to call method refresh_table_display in an ALV event. The main reason is if a user changes a cells value and at the same time selects the row for update then the method refresh_table_display wipes out the row selection marker.

So Is there anyway to highlight the cell without calling method refresh_table_display??????

All your help appreciated

Che

3 REPLIES 3

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this way

In the PAI use

call method get_selected_rows

This will get you the row index of the selected rows from the screen for example I_ROW

In PBO

call method g_grid->set_selected_rows
 exporting
  it_row_no = i_rows[].

then call refresh_table_first_display

So this one will keep row selection after the refresh_table_first_display method

0 Kudos

Hi a®s,

PAI and PBO are not called, this is all done in the HANDLE_DATA_CHANGED event. As a temporary solution (may become permanent) I am using something similar to your solution:

handle_data_change

---get_selected_rows

---refresh_table_display

---set_selected_rows

The above is working, would still like to know if it can be achieved without calling refresh_table_display in an event.

Che

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this :

In the handle_data_changed method implementation, call the method get_selected_rows and store this in the event handlers attritbute.

And in the handle_data_change_finished method( which is the event handler method for data_changed finished of cl_gui_alv_grid ) call the set_selected_rows passing the table that you stored in previous method.

I'm not sure if this will work , but worth a try.

regards,

Advait

Edited by: Advait Gode on May 1, 2009 11:43 PM