Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch information in HU when an item has a batch split

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a delivery, I have a line item with material XYZ and quantity 10

I split this material into two batches 123 and 999

I then packed material XYZ with two batches 123 and 999 into one Handling Unit.

Iu2019m able to pack multiple batched into one Handling Unit.

But the batch information is lost or I do not see the batch information of the materials under the Handling Unit

I am able to see the batch information if there is only one batches.

My issue would be resolved if I can see multiple lines, depending on the number of batches per item, under a HU.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VL02N > (menu) > Edit > Pack - here check HU in "Ttl content" tab. In case of batc split I can see all items with their batch numbers (my system is standard ECC 6.0).

or

In trx HUMO you can also check the content of the HU (you can explode it).

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba,

That is exactly what I want to see. I'm on ECC 6.0 too. But I do not see the batch data in either HUMO unber the "Ttl Content".

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thank you!

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I told you two options:

1. VL02N > (menu) > Edit > Pack - here (not in HUMO!) on "Ttl content" tab you can see the HU with its content.

2. In trx HUMO you have to expode the HU's content:

2a) Put a flag in the checkbox of your HU > click on the "glasses" icon (display selected HU - F8) > on "Conts" tab you can see the items that are packed into the HU

2b) Directly, after running trx HUMO, you will see a double arrow ("List can be Expanded") in the red row where the field names are > double click on it > the content of the HU will be expoded and you will be able to see the batch numbers in the suitable column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

I have tried both options suggested by you and I still do not see the batch numbers. The only place I can see the batches is at the item level in the delivery document. In case of a batch split, the batch numbers are not getting copied into the HUs.

Thank you very much for your input.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I told you I tried it and it works very well.

1. I cannot see the batch number of the (main) delivery item in VL02N (overview) because batch split has been carried out.

2. I can see the batch number of the items if I select the main item and click on "Batch split" icon - here I have two items: 900001 & 900003 with their batch numbers.

3. I packed them as I said and I can see the batch number of the items if I check the HU in the way already described in my previous messages.

Please check whether you have the items in data table VEPO. If you have the items in this table, please check field VEPO-CHARG > if your goods are really batch managed and they are really packed into the HU, their batch numbers should be there...

Please double check everything...and if you really do everything well and no standard modification is in use in your system and the problem still exists I would suggest you to:

- search for OSS notes

- contact SAP AG.

(I've checked OSS notes but failed to find any relevant)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

Thank you very much for your replies. I will continue to look for a solution but your answers were helpful. If I created two line items with the same materail number with two different batches, I am able to see the bath information in HUMO, Ttl Content and in VEPO.

My problem is only when I do the batch split in the delivery document. The items are getting packed in an HU but the batch numbers are getting lost.

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

In configuration, under "Packing requirement for Item category" I had to I unchecked the flag u201CPack acc.batchu201D for the item category. This flag was turned on before and this will let me pack only items from the main level i.e., from the item level in the delivery.

After unchecking the flag, I can now pack items that have a batch split and still see the u201CBatchu201D numbers in the Handling units.

I can now see the batch numbers for the batch split items under Handling units.

I greatly appreciate you input...Thank you!

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't know this function...I was on the wrong track...thank you for being persistent in solving the problem and sharing the information with us.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on May 2, 2009 8:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The batch info will be in line item . In HU tab you can able to see only serial number or HU number , but not both.

Thanks

RK