Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Virsa with SAP Identity Management?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been assigned to handle my company's SAP Identity Management and

I am asked to use Virsa control.

I am not quite clear about the relationship between the 2 SAP products.

Would you please help? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

Besides what has been already mentioned on the integration:

The kind of relationship that has been provided between SAP NW Identity management and SAP BusinessObjects AC 5.3 is to leverage both the solutions and provide compliant Identity management.Request can be submitted from SAP NW IDM to GRC AC 5.3 for risk analysis to ensure compliance and from GRC AC 5.3 to SAP NW IDM to provision to heterogeneous landscapes. Webservices are being provided for the same which help in the integration between these two products. Go through the documents mentioned by Alpesh and you will be more clear on the integration of the two SAP Products.

Harleen SAP GRC RIG

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jennifer,

There is no product called virsa control by SAP. Virsa was a small company which made different solution for SOX compliance. It was acquired by SAP. If you are talking about SAP BusinessObjects Access Control 5.3 then see the links below to understand the integration between SAP IdM and SAP AC 5.3.

https://www.sdn.sap.com//irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0aafd33-e662-2a10-a197-dd3137f...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0da2dba-0480-2b10-a7ae-f055ab6e...

Regards,

Alpesh

0 Kudos

Thanks for the information!

Could you tell me this is a basis work or more like a work for SAP security team?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Only the installation of AC 5.3 will be basis work. After that, it would be more of SAP security, compliance team and IT security work.

Regards,

Alpesh

0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

In addition to what Alpesh mentioned, the BPC and the HR may also be a part of the same.

Regards,

Hersh.

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

Besides what has been already mentioned on the integration:

The kind of relationship that has been provided between SAP NW Identity management and SAP BusinessObjects AC 5.3 is to leverage both the solutions and provide compliant Identity management.Request can be submitted from SAP NW IDM to GRC AC 5.3 for risk analysis to ensure compliance and from GRC AC 5.3 to SAP NW IDM to provision to heterogeneous landscapes. Webservices are being provided for the same which help in the integration between these two products. Go through the documents mentioned by Alpesh and you will be more clear on the integration of the two SAP Products.

Harleen SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh/Harleen

I understand that SAP IDM can submit the request to SAP GRC for complaince check. So after compliance check and approval , can the request be given back to SAP IDM by GRC so that SAP IDM can provision to target systems ?.

Also does SAP GRC will be able to do the compliance check support for enterprise role concept ( business role ) of SAP IDM ?. I mean in SAP IDM, instead of creating a user id in a specific target system, the user id will be created in all target systems along with the technical roles defined in the business role. So can compliance check be done on SAP GRC , for the business role level of SAP IDM ?