cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installting BI SYSTEM of Netweaver EPH1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

when i am installing EPH1 software. Its giveing me only ABAP option.

How do i need to select the ABAP and JAVA option on please let me know.

or do i need to select EHP4 of ecc6 and need to select the usage type of BI .Please suggest me.

thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your system is not a dual stack system, only ABAP can be upgraded.

if you have JAVA stack on another SID, you will need to install this option in a second step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric Brunelle

Thanks for Reply.. we are trying to install dual stack. in EPH1 X64. On central system

i am not getting that option to select the java and Abap. Can you please suggest the way of installing the ABAP and Java stack for BI system.

Thanks

Raj

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What installation media do you use?

It's not advised (any more) to install dual stack instances for various reasons. Especially in the BI case one should put the Java part on a second server/machine to avoid any performance issues and to make maintenance easier:

- a double stack instance always implies a combined update in case of service packs and release upgrades

- system copies must be done using sapinst, a database backup/restore only won't work

- performance tuning can be cumbersome because you can't control CPU or memory usage despite how much memory and/or CPU power you have

See also

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

some people beleive their system ids a dual-stack, but their ABAP and JAVA istances are using different SIDs on the same server. if this is the case, then it it not a dual stack system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric Brunelle ,

Thanks for your Reply. In our Senario.. we need to go with DUAL stack. I have enough Hardware and Memorey to support that. Only the option i am looking how to select the Dual stack

web as ABAP and web As JAVA. which we used to select Before..

from EHP1 we don't have that option.. Can you please suggest me.. gone through all the replies..

once again thanks for you message.

thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus Doehr

Thanks for you Reply.. In our case we need to go for Installation for EPH1 with Dual stack.

only the option i am looking how to select both Stacks. please adivise me how should i need to move forward with this DUAL stack of BI.. system. with EPH1

thanks

Raj

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for you Reply.. In our case we need to go for Installation for EPH1 with Dual stack.

There is no real need to install a dual stack system any more. If you check the link I gave you it's especially in the BI case recommended to use two separate instances and not run a dual stack.

> only the option i am looking how to select both Stacks. please adivise me how should i need to move forward with this DUAL stack of BI.. system. with EPH1

Again the question: Which installation Master DVD do you use?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus Doehr

Here we useing EPH1 Netweaver 7.0 which is avilable on Service Market place.

once again thanks for your Reply.

thanks

Raj

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which DVD number is that? To different customers different DVDs are available...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus Doehr

Here is are CD 51035700_13 Master Cd

restof them export and Kernel and Bi contnet and Doc cds and License cd

Thanks

Raj

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks good.

And what path do you select in sapinst?

Be aware of the fact:

- only Unicode supported for ABAP + Java instance

- only 64bit

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus Doehr

Yes are right from SR3 onwards SAP is supporting only 64bit.

yes i am selecting Netweaver part only can you please suggest me.. SO i came to know

we can't insatll Dual stack from onwards from EPH1 for BI system even though ERP also.

Thanks

Raj

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And you are selecting "Unicode" also?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Markus,

Yes i am selecting UNcode also.

thaks

Raj

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you need to do is:

- install the ABAP instance

- install the Java Addin with usage type BI-Java

Again - I (and SAP) HIGHLY recommend installing two separate instances and not combining the two.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Please refer Note 1181025 - NW7.0 EHP1 - Install BI Dual Stack System (Workaround)

Answers (0)