cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find a javac compiler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am getting an error while trying to build any dc in my development system.

May 1, 2009 7:30:54 AM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: App_dc: Build failed for App_dc(sap.com_App_SC_1) in variant "default": Unable to find a javac compiler;

com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.

Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

I have checked that there are two JRE's are installed at my system. jre1.4.2_16 and jre1.5.0_06.

Same has been specified under the path Window --> Preferences --> Java --> Installed JRE.

Any idea about the cause and resolution of the error?

Regards

Vineet Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

You PC may have JRE ,check whether JDK is installed or not.Need to install JDK .

After that right click on your NWDS icon on your desktop,Select Properties and in the Shortcit tab of Properties window ,check that the path of javaw.exe is correct or else provide the path of your <installed JDK root folder>\bin\javaw.exe

Let me know if it helps..It has for me

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There was a problem at the OS level and has been taken care by the OS Admin team.

Thank you to all of you for your help and guidance.

Regards

Vineet Vikram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ensure that your NWDS is started with the VM from a JDK not only a JRE.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably need to set the JAVA_HOME variable in the Environment variables section.....and specify the path of JDK in the value....

Regards,

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where can I find environment variable section?

Regards

Vineet Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet:

As said by Armin, you must check whether WebDynpro (NWDS) is started with JDK.

And for setting-up (you must do this) the JAVA_HOME in environment variable:

Goto My Computer Properties (right-click) > Advance Tab > click on Environment Variables > add either in User or System Variables as below

"variable name: JAVA_HOME, variable value: path of jdk installed like 'c:/j2sdk1.4.2_X'"

Thanks,

MS