cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping the processor in BW when user quits running the query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I stop the processor when user stops running the query in Bex?

Thanks,

Trinadha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinadha,

Are you working in Excel or Web?

If are in Excel and you want to make the system log off a user after each query refresh, you could use this (in VBA):

Sub SAPBEXonRefresh(queryID As String, resultArea As Range)

Run "sapbex.xla!dialOut", True, True

End Sub

- Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

We are using BEx. I want them to log off from the system not for every refresh. I want to stop the processor when user quits Bex.

Thanks,

Trinadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinadha,

Sorry. Still not completely sure that I understand.

I think that BEx = Business Explorer. BEx Analyzer means Business Explorer Analyzer = Excel.

So, I am still not sure if you mean Excel or Web.

If Excel, I can help you.

How will you know when the user quits BEx? When the last workbook that contains queries is closed?

When you say stop the processor, do you mean log off or close the Business Explorer Analyzer Add-In?

I have done this in Excel. Let me know exactly what you are trying to do and I can explain your options.

If you are using Web, I am not the best resource.

- Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the confusion. Our users are running the query in Excel using Bex analyzer. They are not running the query in Web.

Some times, our users are closing the excel while the query is being processed by the system with out waiting till the results display. Due to this, the processor is still running in BW and consuming all the resources.

What we want to do is, when user closes the excel, we want to logoff the user from the system so that we can stop the running processor.

Please let me know if I'm not clear.

Thanks for your help,

Trinadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinadha,

Very clear. The issue you describe is new to me. I will have to research it before making a recommendation.

Obviously, there is nothing that can be done in Excel, per se. For the user to quit Excel while it is "busy" waiting for a response from BW server, they must be using the Task Manager to quit Excel.

Too bad you can't just teach them that as long as they are in the Task Manager, they should find the process for the BEx Analyzer and close it first.

What does come to mind is giving your users a tool that would allow them kill BW in the middle of a query run. But, teaching them how to use the Task Manager seems simpler than creating a new tool and teaching them how to use it.

OK ... I will go do some research on this issue and see what I can learn.

- Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go to SM50 and kill the job that is with the userID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I'm looking for a automate way of doing. There might be some program/parameter which checks the status and cancle the processor.

Thanks,

Trinadha