Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Alternative BOM s and production versions creations for a material

Dear sir

how many alterantive BOM S and production versions can i create for same material code(finished product).

for exaple alternative bom 1,2,3,4,----

like that , what is the range and also production version

i have a finished product and have starded bom .as per sales order and custmer requeriment bom will change.and perticular order no of changes hapen in bom ,so modification in bom i will create alternative bom like 1,2,3,----

and production version also .

after no of alternative boms created ,finally alternative bom 10 finilized .then this alternative BOM PICKED in the production order by selection of production version.

like above ihave no of orders per day for same material code.and i ahve to do same excirse to get requried or finilized bom by interacting with custmer .

so pl tell me what is the range for alternative boms no and production version nos.

can i give to the system externail no for alternative nos.

thanks and regards

I dont agree that "99" Alternate is the max? I think you missed to see that alternate BOM field is alpha Numeric so you can have option like A1 to A9, similarily 1A to that..I not good in calculating the numbers through permuation I leave it to the guys to calculate for them selfs.

"999" Is the maximum level allowed to my knowledge...if you need more then you have an OSS notes to extended this field...which is generally not recommended. I had a post in this regard...check

[Maximum level of BOMS|update terminate in change bom;

Edited by: Prasobh Karunakaran on May 1, 2009 4:16 PM..Link added

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question