cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative BOM s and production versions creations for a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

how many alterantive BOM S and production versions can i create for same material code(finished product).

for exaple alternative bom 1,2,3,4,----

like that , what is the range and also production version

i have a finished product and have starded bom .as per sales order and custmer requeriment bom will change.and perticular order no of changes hapen in bom ,so modification in bom i will create alternative bom like 1,2,3,----

and production version also .

after no of alternative boms created ,finally alternative bom 10 finilized .then this alternative BOM PICKED in the production order by selection of production version.

like above ihave no of orders per day for same material code.and i ahve to do same excirse to get requried or finilized bom by interacting with custmer .

so pl tell me what is the range for alternative boms no and production version nos.

can i give to the system externail no for alternative nos.

thanks and regards

Baswaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baswaraj,

There is imit of 99 altenative numbers of BOM. PV I am not so sure.

You can maintian as per your requirement.

Just one query, if you need to maintain 10 alternatives then why don't you go for variant configuration?

SmanS

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SmanS,

I dont agree that "99" Alternate is the max? I think you missed to see that alternate BOM field is alpha Numeric so you can have option like A1 to A9, similarily 1A to 9A...like that..I not good in calculating the numbers through permuation combination...so I leave it to the guys to calculate for them selfs.

"999" Is the maximum level allowed to my knowledge...if you need more then you have an OSS notes to extended this field...which is generally not recommended. I had a post in this regard...check

[Maximum level of BOMS|;

Regards,

Prasobh

Edited by: Prasobh Karunakaran on May 1, 2009 4:16 PM..Link added

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your case looks like based on Sales Orders BOM components are getting changed, in which instance Variant Configuration (Using Selection conditions) should suffice the requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

it is make to order secnior but not varaint configuration.only thing is single material code for different sales orders with perticular specifications ,as per specification we creat alernative bom f rom std bom .and send to custmer for approval .then custmer will check the bom ,if he satisfie he will approve the alernative bom other wise he will change the alternative bom.for aproval puruse we have to create alternative bom in n numbers. so my question is i heve no of orders for single finished productin a day ,same material code , for approval perpus i have to create no of alternative boms for a perticular order.so like above ihave to create the no of alternative bom a nd production versions .and i have to maintain all the alternative boms for pertucular order to display any point of time.

thanks and regards

Baswaraj

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Baswaraj,

Why dont you look at creating Order BOM using CS61, its just a thought. But it would work only for configurable material I think..please explore this option

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i don't think there is any linit for alternative BOMs & PV's

u can creat as many as u like

in OPL8, give settings as maual PV selection

so that system will ask u when ever u want to creat production order manually

or in MD61 u can asiign PV directly to ur header material,

NOTE; if u want to change in Plan order then u can change manually MD04 in change mode

Regards

kumar