cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf form imported to be Interactive in WDA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello WDA Group,

I have a .pdf file that was created in Netweaver Dev Studio. The XML file is also available. Is it possible to somehow put this somewhere.... possibly in a MIME folder for a specific WDA, then import and use it as an Adobe Interactive Form? In a related aspect, I heard something along the lines.that Netweaver compiles in 64Bit, and that the file format will have to be converted to accomodate SAP GUI/WDA.

I found: But the file I am speaking of is interactive and contains approx. 40 different fields that looks like a huge puzzle. I would rather not have to re-create them, if possible.

WDA is all new to me, so step-by-step directions would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Dan Perecky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found it.... SFP | Specify Interface Name | Change Interface | Properties Tab | Interface Type: XML Schema-Based Interface | File -> Load

Please correct me if this doesn't make sense.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

p.s. How can I change something that doesn't exist yet? SAP ECC 6.0 seems to allow this. Awaiting verification from a colleague, as I cannot try because there is no access to local file system to upload from (Citrix).

Edited by: Daniel Perecky on May 1, 2009 10:31 AM

Edited by: Daniel Perecky on May 1, 2009 10:32 AM

Edited by: Daniel Perecky on May 1, 2009 10:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update: The SAP SFP transaction, properties tab- only accepts "XML Schema" files, which are considered to have a file extension of .XSD, it turns out. .XML files cannot be loaded.

So, I'm back to square one. Is there a way to have an interactive form based .pdf file usable in WDA?

Thank You,

Daniel Perecky

Edited by: Daniel Perecky on May 1, 2009 8:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Refer this :

Offline scenario

Forms that already exist in the system as MIME objects in the MIME Repository are stored, or are uploaded (see File Upload) here within a Web Dynpro application for display purposes.

Above extract is taken from :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2c/241a427ff6db2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

So i dont think Interactive Froms can be imported into WDA. Only Print forms can be uploaded in WDA for displaying data only.

Thanks.

Saurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurav,

yes..Thank You. After seeing your post, I read the same info in the SAP Lib. pages. Perhaps Adobe/SAP will provide the functionality in the next release. Closing thread.