cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Integration - closed activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wouldlike to know why SAP auto closes activities created from Outlook. If you have an attachment you cannot do it.

Thanks,

Olga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1. I have the same question as Sean Martin - is there any way to keep the activities made from Outlook OPEN in Business One? Once they are closed you can't update them or delete them. Very annoying if you have missed to save the attachment for instance.

2. Also - is there any way to set default options for the settings that appear in Outlook when you press "Save E-mail as Activity"? If you do this often it's rather time consuming setting the same settings over and over again.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Susanna Rask

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Is there anyway of stopping this from auto closing the activity as I have some UDF fields I would like to complete with some of the emails I am saving. However once closed I cannot add the information to the UDF's - Really annoying ! :O)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Olga,

One of the reasons, for the outlook integration closing the activity is to avoid reminders from poping in the Messages/Alerts Overview Window.

An activity created through the Sync is merely a record of the email and might not necessarily require being alerted

I am not quite sure why a message with an attachment be any different?

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

From design point of view, I believe this will need the minimum coding. Other than that, i think it might fit most needs for just keeping an record of what happened.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Was your reply to this questions? Does not seemed to be have any relavance ????

Suda