cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Item category in Sales Order Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a created a custom sales order type ZXXX and assigned item category TANN as the default but

when I create a Sales order with this order type the default item category does not seem to work.

Am I missing something?

Please advise.

Meghna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Item category is triggered from the settings of VOV4

Sales doc type that is order type + Item category group from material master (in sales org data 2 tab) + usage (not reqd in all the cases) + item category of the higher level item (not reqd in all the cases) we maintain a default item category plus the manual choices in VOV4

So for your case you need to check these settings first and then the Item category group in MMR of the material which you are entering in the sales order

Reading your post once again you are under the understanding that if the order type is this then the item category is this

This is wrong

order type + Item category group from material master this combination triggers only default item category

The usage and item category of the higher level item are optional only

So you need to look this combination entered in sales order and in VOV4 are correct or not?

Regards

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Meghna

Check in VOV4:

1. Is there any item category assignment to only your new sales order type. I mean order type= "your order type" and item category="your defined item category". and if it is maintained wrongly then rectify.

If this entry exits then the system will determine the correct item category, check it creating order, if it is ok then go as below.

2. Now check your material master MM02-item ctg group, go to VOV4 amend the item category determination by adding this item category group. Then check again creating sales order.

Thanks

regards

raghu

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Item cateogry is determined on the Basis of

Document type + item cateogry group (Material Master) + Usage + Higher level item cateogry

As you told you have defined TANN as the item cateogry, So check for above combination whether you have maintained correctly.

TANN is the default item cateogry for FREE goods determination. Where Higher level item cateogry is TAN

So check you item cateogry assingment once again, and then try to create order.