cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bbpgetvd 'Vendor Role' filter working opposite as desired

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

When running tx BBPGETVD in SRM, I am setting "Only Transfer Vendors from the Following Roles" to "LF" for vendor. When I do this, I am prompted with a screen showing the number of vendors lost and total number of vendors. However, the list provided of "Number of Vendors Lost" are all the vendors with have the role "LF" (or VN, configured to be the same in our system). The list of vendors that are remaining are the vendors that I want to be lost!

Our test environments worl properly, but were configured by a former employee. What changes do I need to make to get this to work as desired?

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathu,

I verified the above, and yes I do have an External No assignment grouping associated to the number range created, and Ext. Std. Grp. is checked.

Also, I do not get an error message. Rather, I am doing my own validation to see if the vendor load (bbpgetvd) will work as desired, because I am going to run it in our production environment. When I put in all the parameters as noted above, I am prompted with an information screen providing me with a list of vendors to be lost (because they were loaded once before, but with NO filter on 'LF'), as well as a list of vendors to be added. The list of Vendors to be 'LOST' contains all of the vendors that I am validating against that need to be kept! This is very crutial because these vendors are regularly being used in SRM and have po's against them. We are in a very early stage of 'go-live' and only have a few vendors being used, but they are being used none-the-less.

What could possibly be causing the vendors with an 'LF' role to be removed using bbpgetvd when I set "Only Transfer Vendors from the Following Roles" to "LF"???

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

define settings for each backend system - check under setting vendor synchronisation

Vendor Role in the Backend

Abbreviation of the name that identifies the vendor role.

Example

The vendor in the backend system can, for example, be abbreviated as follows: "LF".

(SPRO -->SRM SERVER > Technical basi settings>Settings for vendor synchronisation->Make global settings-->flag create new vendor also)

table BBPV_PARTNERFUNC - abbr field of partner function

regards

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ths info so far, but this has not helped me with the issue. The BBP_VENDOR_SYNC job is correctly set-up and there is no issue there, nor is the issue with the SAP note, because that was a fix from 2001, which has been applied to our system.

The issue still remains as to how I can make any changes, or how changes were made, to bbpgetvd. The "Only Transfer Vendors for the Following Roles" filter is available, and working in our test and staging regions, just not production. When I set the filter, it 'loses' the vendors that are supposed to stay!

Does anyone know how this may have heppened?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

IMG-> Cross Application Components-> SAP Business Partner->Business Partner-> Basic Settings->NUmber Ranges and Groupings

Did you group all the r/3 no range in SRM? since r/3 has different r/3 no range upon accounting group

Define Groupings and NUmber ranges: Make sure that you have a External No. assignment grouping associated to the number range created.And Ext.Std Grp is checked.

What error do you get ?

regards

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Only Transfer Vendors from the Following Roles ? for FLAG any specific reasons? Normally we transfered only LF only right?

i think in the following configuration we may mention VF right?

after wards hope you may get some input?

SPRO -->SRM SERVER > Technical basi settings>Settings for vendor synchronisation->Make global settings-->flag create new vendor also

Make Global Settings

Use

In Customizing for vendor synchronization, you define between which mySAP or ERP backend systems and the EBP System you wish to automatically synchronize the vendor master data. This setting is necessary in order to start a job-based execution of the synchronization, so that the vendor master data that is newly created or changed in the backend is updated regularly in the EBPSystem.

Requirements

You wish to use the automatic vendor synchronization functionality.

In the Implementation Guide (IMG) activity Define RFC Destinations, you have defined the RFC destinations for your systems.

Under Define Backend Systems, you have defined the backend systems for your systems.

Activities

Customizing for Vendor Synchronization consists of two parts. In the first part you make those settings that are valid for all backend systems. In the activity Make Settings for Each Backend System you can define or display detail data for the individual backend systems.

Make Global Settings

By setting the indicator Create New Vendors Also, you can determine that those vendors newly created in the backend systems are also newly created during the synchronization. If this indicator is not set, the only data updated is that of the vendors in the Enterprise Buyer System whose data was changed in the backend systems.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this note:

Note 387438 - BBPGETVD: Limiting replication to role