cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost benefit analysis for using XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have a cost benefit analysis document for using XI 3.0 versus developing point to point interfaces ?

I need something that can easily justify and sell the idea of using XI over going down the custom path for point to point development of interfaces.

Kind regards

Colin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Good day Colin.

You question is like trying to guess the next day stock qouats...

There are many parameters that combined together and not all of them are constants infact...most of them are variables.

The issues are vary from lets say:

1. COBOL programmers payments needed to support and maintain you current AS400 special written applications and interfacing...

2.The number of system you want to integrate in your organization buisness scenarios..

3.The monitoring capabilities currently available in your organization in the Spagethi architecture.

4.Predicting the growth of your comapny and adding Buisness partners systems...

5. Trying to estimate the re-using of XI-allready-writen-interfaces (not possible... )

6.The duplicated data and data incosistancy in your IT enviorment before XI and after XI...

So my friend,I belive this imaginary generic document of TCO can't be created...

Good luck with your project

Nimrod

If it helps you I've recently asked an ABAP programmer

how long it will take him to develope a simple File to IDoc scenario....he said that including design documents and testing Aprox. 8 days.

I belive i can do the first one in 5 days and the second in 50% of that time...

Message was edited by: Nimrod Gisis

Answers (0)