cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schema conversion from dbo to sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am planning to do a schema conversion of one my system,currently it is a dbo based system and I want to change it to sid

can anyone help me out with the process of the same

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know what do you mean by spammign and how I am do it???

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,we an into big problem while doing this,had to write to SAP and then SAP provided a script which helped us to perform the conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Can you kindly tell us about what was that big problem that you faced while following the SAP note 683447 and which script you used to solve the same?

It might be helpful for other colleagues as till date I didn't have any issues following that script.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After giving in all parameters in STM tool and starting the conversion,during the 3rd step "Create/modify database Scehma" it gives the following error:

MDB-05053 Errors when executing sql command: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The CHECK_POLICY and CHECK_EXPIRATION options cannot be turned OFF when MUST_CHANGE is ON.

We searched a lot for this.It is a very common error it seems with SQL server database but not a common one with SAP

For switching off the MUST_CHANGE option given in the error above,the solution that was provided on most of the forums was something like this:

"ALTER LOGIN TestLogin

WITH PASSWORD = 'newpassword',

CHECK_POLICY = OFF,

CHECK_EXPIRATION = OFF

So basically it was asking to change the password of user <sid>adm that we assume which we dont wanted to do.We also looked for some SAP notes but didnt find anything useful.

Finally we decided to stop the conversion and bring up SAP.SAP came up but while logging in the server,it was dumping.When we ran transaction SICK,it didnt run reporting serious system errors and it looked as database was in inconsistent state.

Fnally we restored the backup and brought up SAP without issues

Then we wrote to SAP and they replied us back with a script,we tried that and then run MSSPROCS after that and then were able to solve the issue

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 683447 - SAP Tools for MS SQL Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I have already gone through that note but that note doesnt describe it all,there are some steps missing

so I want to know if someone has actually done that and can let me know steps for doing the same

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

What is your R3 and DB version? I feel the note 683447 is very much explanative.

If you are simply planning to change from dbo to MCOD (schema based) for the existing system, download the STM tool from the SMP(SAP Service Marketplace) , unzip it on a local empty directory of your central instance host and then stop your applications and run the sapinst.exe and choose the option of Schema Conversion.

Make sure you have a latest DB backup.

Revert back if you still have any doubts.

Regards