cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM for Dialog instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could see links for using JSPM for deploying SPS for central java instance hosts. Need to know, how Java dialog instances are updated?( Java+ABAP dialog instances are installed in separate hosts).Should we follow the same process.? It is little new to me.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean to say you have java instance and ABAP instance on different hosts,is it?

or that you want you have dialog instances of the server

well you dont need to patch dialog instances seperately

For ABAP use SPAM/SAINT and for JAVA use JSPM

Hope I am getting you correct

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Central instance JAVAABAP and central services are running on one host. Another app server host has JAVAABAP instance ( I call it Dialog instances host). Otherwise, both hosts have Java stack installed. My question is, if SPAM could be used for both Hosts? I did see JSPM examples talks about central host only.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj

you done need to patch that seperately on dialog instance,just patch central instance and everything should be fine

Rohit

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

if SPAM could be used for both Hosts

in ABAP it doesn't matter which application server you are loggin into for applying support packs. because, when you're applying support packs, things are getting stored in database. so no matter if you go to CI or app server.

In case of Java all deployment archives is stored in CI. and also you will notice that SDM process (who is responsible for deployment) only present in CI not in dialog instance.

Dialog instance just gives the additional server processes for handing additional loads.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards, Debasis.