cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product X1 at location S1: Procurement not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a simple supply chain model in SAP APO folowing the instructions of the book <a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=NLWHI5hmTR4C&dq=realoptimizationwithsapapo&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=pt-BR">Real Optimization With SAP APO</a> but when I optimize I get messages like:

<blockquote>

Product X1 at location S1: Procurement not allowed

Message no. /SAPAPO/SNPOPT131

Diagnosis

Product X1 at location S1 cannot be externally procured from bucket 20090427->20090503 to bucket 20090427->20090503 because its upper limit for external procurement was set to 0 during these times.

Procedure

Check if this is intentional. Some possible reasons for an upper limit of 0 are: The SNP optimization bound profile, the stock transfer horizon, and the planned delivery time.

</blockquote>

In this model I have 2 supplies S1 and S2. S1 supplies the raw product X1 (with a constraint) and X2 while S2 supplies the raw product X1. I also have a factory F1 that produces finished products P1, P2 and P3 using the raw products X1 and X2 to sell to customers C1, C2 and C3.

The message is occurring for all the raw material products at the supplier and at the factory.

The help message is telling me that "limit for external procurement was set to 0".

Does someone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi matheusfernal ,

This message will come for a frozen bucket in which SNP optimizer does not plan. I think you are taking run in a planning book which starts with weekly bucket. In your curent case SNP optimizer can not plan procurement orders in current week 27/04 to 03/05 as you must be taking run in the same bucket. SNP will plan only from next bucket.

May be you can change the intial buckets from weekly to daily buckets. And then take run.

Best regards,

Vaibhav Birwadkar

Answers (0)