cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Solution to the client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my upcoming project we have been given a responsibility to develop a Web Portal along with the ERP implementation to be used by users in and out of the client's organization. Most of the web applications to be used need to be developed from scratch.

We are evaluating upon the best possible solution to be provided to the client. We were initially inclined to use WebDynpro ABAP for developing the applications and then embed them into portal. But our inclination was primarily due to availability of skilled consultants for the same in the team.

Now we are revaluating looking from point of view that a better solution should be provided to the users.

Would love to here your suggestions upon this and also if possible refer to me some reference customers who are using SAP web portal and the kind of web applications they used.

Thanks & Warm regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

1. Feel free, once you have Enterprise Portal in place you have plenty of options. You can have co-existance of WebDynpro ABAP and WebDynpro JAVA applications running seamlessly!!

2. Thumb rule , if application is going to use data from backend heavily and lot number of times be closer to ABAP world use WD for ABAP, else use webdynpro Java.

3. Options now with SAP development, you have adobe forms, visual composer, adobe flex.

Hope these help!!

Greetings

Prashant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do pretty much everything in WDA, however, there are some limitation in few areas such as

custom html is not possible, it runs only on SAP servers , you dont have

a complete freedom designing UI elements . I dont know what your proejct requirements exactly are, so you may wanna read more about WDA and web dynpro java, and Choose the best tool that fit your

project.

Regards,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

this document should give you a clear idea of what WDA is and what you can do with it,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0e4940c-035c-2b10-0b9d-eb8f9967...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-wdabap

personally I would say WDA is a great tool to create Business applciation around SAP softwares, it makes you life easier when it to comes to retrieve data from database, call Functions and classes and

I believe you can also integrate adobe products into it, such as PDF files and adobe flex so you can create cool business charts.

Bear in mind that WDA is not designed for general web development.

Regards,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for your suggestion and advice.

One think I needed to confirm that when you say: "Bear in mind that WDA is not designed for general web development" what exactly you mean. Suppose my client want to provide services to its customer as well as employees through his portal does anything stops him from doing that actually.

Saurabh