cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate update in Transformation using a single record

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an update rule, it was possible from the monitor to simulate the update of an infoProvider. During the simulation, you could choose to select only certain records of the PSA for simulation. This was very useful if you wanted to simulate only a single problematic record.

In a transformation using a DTP, I can find out how to add the breakpoints and debut a start routine in a transformation, but I cannot find a way to do that simulation using only a single record from the PSA.

The only option I can find is to create a DTP that has a filter that restricts the PSA down to a single record, but this is time consuming as you first have to find a way to filter the PSA to select a unique record.

I have tried to use the ENTER DATA PACKAGE when setting the breakpoints, but this does not seem to allow this to happen.

Is there a similar function in the DTP that allows you to simulate the update on a single selectable record?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

you are right. The feature you are requesting is actually not available in SAP NetWeaver 2004s.

You only have the option you outlined.

Cheers

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Ramp-Up BI Back Office Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Andreas.

Maybe you know, will such fuctionality be implemented in in next patches?

former_member192700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

this function is not available from the transformation, yet check the DTP, where you can set the processing to serial. You can then change breakpoints at the processing steps of the DTP, and will also be asked to enter for which package you want to simulate the DTP or use the expert mode [next to processing mode] (I hope this is correct since I couldn't verify it in the system due to time constraints).

Please search also the forum, since the topic simulation of DTP was already a topic here.

Cheers

SAP NetWeaver BI Organisation