cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options to distribute data from BW to other applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

After getting data out of ODS objects/cubes to a table on BW server (using infospoke), If I would like to distribute that data to other applications, what are the technologies available to do that? What are their relative advantages & disadvantages?

For eg, I know of the Open hub extract pack of Acsential Data Stage which does the same. Any other such options? Thanks a lot for your help.

regards

atlaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi atlaj,

1- you can also create an rfc-enabled function-module.

The external system calls the FM and this provides the data.

2 - the proposed csv-soultion of the colleague is ok and works absolutely sturdy.

3 - High fly solution: The XI component. But small customers won't be amused ...

If the solution should work in delta-mechanism (e.g. daliy scheduled), do not underestimate the efforts you have to put into corrections to the delta-handling.

by the way: 1 and 2 are proprietary solutions.

Actually, i'm afraid, no easy-to-use standard-components are available.

hth

cheers

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus, Thanks a lot for your inputs. One more related question:

After dumping data to a table on the BW server using infospoke, Instead of pushing data to external systems, I would like to allow certain external systems to "PULL" data from this table. What are the options you see to perform (or facilitate) this pull?

Thanks,

atlaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think only authorisation settings on operating system level, pls ask your basis guys.

/manfred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can send a message to the third party tool via API RSB_API_OHS_3RDPARTY_NOTIFY. You will also want the basis personnel to allow access to table /bic/oh***** for your remote user.

Best of luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also consider Information Broadcasting - it can automatically distribute data via e-mail or to the Enterprise Portal. It can send data as xls or csv file.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atlaj,

Another option instead of using Open Hub is to use the Reporting Agent + Download Scheduler.

You could still schedule the time you want the data to be extracted with the advantage of

having more flexibility to choose data slices (as you will be using BEX Analyzer).

The disadvantage is the need to develop a script (in VB, for instance) to get the data from

the generated xls file by the Download Scheduler tool.

Regards,

LFSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

one option could be generate an csv file from infospoke instead of putting to dbtable and send this csv file to other application.

or else read the db table to a csv file and send this file to other application.