Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Links on welcome screen of SC as per the role in PFCG

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created a Z ITS service from a Z transcation and want to give the link of this ITS service on welcome screen of EBP only to some specific users.

We created a Z role in PFCG and attached the link of this ITS service using the option 'Generic Web Address (URL Template)' from the popup that we get on clicking Other button in PFCG .

How to check the role to display this link on the welcome screen?

We can not hardcode the link in ITS template because then it will be displayed for all users.

We can not use the Z transcation directly instead of calling the corresponding ITS service because then it also shows menu options on screen using which the user can access SAP EASY ACCESS menu from screen.

In PFCG it display under the Go Shopping folder:

BW_GENERIC_TYPE-Report

So how to check the role in ITS template and show the link only to specific users?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ANubhav,

I am not clera on your question.You are saying that you have added custom internet service to the custom role in PFCG ,...then why do you want to check the role again in the ITS service?You are controllig the display of the ITS service link in the home page by adding this ITS service to the custom role created in PFCG so that only users having that role can access that ITS service on the home page.

Please correct me if i have misunderstood .

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

Sorry for the confusing description.Let me explain in detail.

We have a Z report which should be accessible from a link on welcome screen of EBP.

For this we created a Z transcation of this Z report and selected Easy Web Transcation radio button and SAP GUI for HTML checkbox while creating this transcation.

Added this Z transcation in a role in PFCG .But the problem here is , when the link on screen is clicked and transcation is opened in IE it shows Menu , Save as variant , Back , Cancel and System options in header, using these user can access all transcations as if he is loged in to SAP from SAP GUI.

To avoid this we created an ITS service using this Z transcation and created corresponding service node in SICF .

So we either have to remove the menu options from header when this Z transcation is displayed in WEB GUI ie. when we attach this Z transcation in PFCG OR instead of calling the Z transcation , this ITS service should be called so how to attach this ITS service to PFCG ?

Further if it is a transcation we can check in the ITS Service BBPSTART Template BBPGLOBAL_650_EMP as follows...

<!-- Modified standard code to call Z transcation-->

repeat with idx from 1 to MENU_NODE_TAB-TEXT.dim;

if(MENU_NODE_TAB-S_IDENT[idx] == "ZBUSRP"); <--Here we check if the ZRole has ZBUSRP transcation attached to it in PFCG if yes then only display the link.
    A_S_IDENT<i>      = MENU_NODE_TAB-S_IDENT[idx]; 
    A_GEN_URL<i>      = MENU_NODE_TAB-GEN_URL[idx]; 
    A_OBJECT_ID<i>    = "parent.launchpad.menu.M" & MENU_NODE_TAB-OBJECT_ID[idx] & ".root.name + parent.launchpad.menu.M" & MENU_NODE_TAB-OBJECT_ID[idx] & ".path";
    A_TEXT<i>         = "Vendor Report"; 
    A_INTRODUCTION<i> = "Business Card Report For Administrator";
    found = 1;
  end;

end;

if(found==1);i=i+1;found=0;end;

How to apply this check when calling an ITS service that is in a role in PFCG?

I hope it is a bit clearer now.

Thanks,

Anubhav