cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for RFID Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am now into RFID domain and now I have a small scenario. I am going to explain a small scenario and i need some solutions for the same.

The material transported is sand or ore or some lose material which are not in packets or pallets. Now the dumping yard is so big and they have different spaces alloted for different material without any physical seperation like walls or anything. That means the huge yard is the same dumping yard for different materials, like sand, iron ore, aluminium ore, etc etc.

Now there are different types of trucks. One is huge containers which comes with the material and the others are internal small trucks that unload and load in and to the big trucks,

What are the methods to track them.

(GPS is not recommended)

If you have any scenarios similar to these those are also welcome.

Regards and thanks in advance

AK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil Kumar,

RFID involves RFID Tags, RFID Reader, RFID Transponder, etc. RFID Tags are made in different sizes, ranging from BAR-Code size to 0.5mm size, it can be easily attached or detached to any kind of material.

RFID device reads information devised in RFID Tag and populates wherever necessary.

It reads those tags within a range, if the material you mentioned about have got no separators or not, they can easily be read, if they have got RFID tags.

Usually, RFID integrated with SAP, reads RFID tags like a BAR-code scanner and populates respective data into the SAP screen fields, enabling User to just confirm the data and save it.....

Hope it helps get some knowledge.

Zahack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Zahack is pin point with his technical information, however you are requiring in a standard scenario similar to yours. How do you want us to relate it to RFID?