Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SOAP Client 4 consumin 3rd party WebService in NW Development Environment?

First of all i'd admit that im new to all this. So my questions might be very premitive and i'd like to applogize before hand.

I want to consume a third party web service from an existing NW application.

Routes taken:

1- I tried with webservice navigator but it asks for WSIL. Although i gave the URL for WSDL i really dont know if it was right to give the URL for WSDL where a WSIL is expected.

Method1: Windows -> Perspective -> WebServices and there i tried to create a new one.

Response: Either i get a message "invalid response code" or by changing the url and pointing out the exact directory where the WSDL is located it gives me an XML parsing error.

Although if i give the URL in browser i directly land up on the WSDL document just like any other free web service. e.g

Method 2: Another guideline was provided in the documentation to go to

Windows ->Preferences->WebServices->Service Repository

But here im unable to find any SR might be due to the version i guess but i dont have any idea.

Method 3: Entering the http://<host>:<port>/wsnavigator/ in browser

It shows all the available services. If you try to create a new Service and give the WSDL location through the URL, it accepts the URL but on testing it reports that the WSDL can not be downloaded. Another important thing that it reports is

Non-SAP Web Service

I came across some articles where it was said that i need to make necessary changes in the WSDL file so that it digestable by SAP. If true can you give me any clues on that one please.

As far as the documentation is concerned i've been through it and following the guidelines i still could not get results. Like creating a deployable proxy for consuming a web service.

If any more information is required i'd be more than on my tows.

Edited by: Haroon.M on Apr 30, 2009 2:36 PM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question